1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deeselcyde

deeselcyde Active Member

They told me that they would have them ready for me by Wednesday. I'm in Southern California and I believe the repair factory is in the LA area.

Their customer service is top notch and I assume if I have a similar problem in the coming months, they'll take care of me. Thoughts?

2. DerangedGoose

DerangedGoose Senior member

anyone have pics of the shaker heights in action? specifically the black ones?

3. AdamAdam

AdamAdam Senior member

The manager at my local store sent me this yesterday. Sorry for the attachment but it didn't paste well into the message. It looks like some of the boot prices may be the same as what's available now but there are additional items on here. The Vernon looks like a good deal. Enjoy...

Good Morning,

I am writing to give you some advanced notice on our upcoming after Thanksgiving sale. This year we have compiled a more extensive list of shoes and boots than we have offered in previous years. I wanted to share this information with you now so that I can arrange to have inventory on hand for you. Please see the attached list.

In addition to this list of shoes and boots, special offers will be available on other items such as leather goods and apparel. Also, please keep in mind that shipping is always complementary from my store. We can make any arrangements for you over the phone if that is more convenient. Thank you for your continued patronage and support.

4. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

Thanks for the heads-up, Adam. Fwiw, I was left unimpressed with the Black Friday offerings though.

5. jguyette

jguyette Well-Known Member

Is the Carson City boot something new? I don't recall seeing that before. The dark brown looks pretty nice.
    For that matter, never saw the MacAdam boot before, either.
    Any other new models?

6. shushuderen

shushuderen New Member

that right,You had me at the title, should have stopped typing and put a picture in the post instead of that tripe.thanks
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  7. shendo

shendo Member

There's a 15% sale for belts which is not much different than last months sale where everything was at least 15% off.

Have there been better sales on belts? Are they cheaper at the AE outlets?

8. The Hunter

The Hunter Well-Known Member

Where did you see the 15% off on belts?

9. jungleroller

jungleroller Senior member

Looks real good! I think you gambled right by not going with the players. Crossing my fingers I can work my issues with mine out.

10. Buddy0329

Buddy0329 Senior member

Riddle me this:

How to explain calf Patriots in 10EEE, initially very tight, then after break in are a very comfortable fit.

Vs.

Cordovan Patriots of the same size, in which both shoes are loose. The right foot is falling out of the shoe, ie feels too long and too wide. Left shoe is a looser fit vs its calf counterpart, but I would not necessarily size down.

The Cordovan's were sent back to be relasted. AE indicates that they both measure true at 10EEE.

AE is giving me the option of refund, having them redone, or sizing down to 10E or 9.5EEE.

11. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

Cordovan generally tends to be more loose-fitting than the calf.

12. salgy

salgy Well-Known Member

All this navy shoe talk, I came across these on the bay:
    http://bit.ly/1gX52XX

Brand new 9.5B navy park aves if anyone is interested

13. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Senior member

PSA: Black Kenilworths are about $133 with 30% off code on Amazon

14. Buddy0329

Buddy0329 Senior member

True. The issue is with such a vast difference in perceived size between the two shoes described how do we explain AE's statement that the shoes are true to size?

15. NWTeal

NWTeal Senior member

Thank you! I think the rolled edges are my favorite part.

The strand was certainly a much safer bet since the 5 last was easy to size for me. The last on the players made me chicken out.

Might I suggest trying to rub a spoon or deer bone over the toe with it filled out on the inside? It might mitigate the rolling. Good luck!

16. chinngiskhaan

chinngiskhaan Senior member

Come on now sir... thats just TOO EASY!

... but I appreciate you throwing me a bone!

and yes, if AE was a halfway decent company they would have a "try this shoe on virtually" option for every shoe.

17. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

I kind of hate you right now. That's how much I paid for used ones!

18. shendo

shendo Member

I received an email about the sale. 15% off belts thru 11/20 with a personal promo code. I'd like to get one of the perforated belts but they're rather expensive even with 15% off. If there are better sales, I can wait.

19. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Senior member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jungleroller [​IMG]

Looks real good! I think you gambled right by not going with the players. Crossing my fingers I can work my issues with mine out.

I have pair of calf Players that are creasing on the cap/wingtip also. Oddly, I am getting nice creasing on the vamp. I just figured the last wasn't made for my foot. I have had great success with just about every other last AE makes. Especially the 5.

[​IMG]

20. Mark_Y

Mark_Y Senior member

Which coupon? The 30SHOES1 coupon is not valid for these shoes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.