• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Althanis: those are not the sale prices. Those are regular prices for seconds and the current prices for closeouts. For example, the Delray is listed at its normal seconds price of $259 in your chart, but goes on sale tomorrow for $139. I'd e-mail for an availability/price list again tomorrow if you want a complete picture of price and availability. Otherwise, if you already know what you want, call and ask what the sale price will be for that shoe starting tomorrow.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Althanis:  those are not the sale prices.  Those are regular prices for seconds and the current prices for closeouts.  For example, the Delray is listed at its normal seconds price of $259 in your chart, but goes on sale tomorrow for $139.  I'd e-mail for an availability/price list again tomorrow if you want a complete picture of price and availability.  Otherwise, if you already know what you want, call and ask what the sale price will be for that shoe starting tomorrow.

I never said those were the sale prices. What I said was:

Closeouts aren't getting any reductions, everything else is 15% off.

Because that's what I was told when I called in. I posted the list in case anyone else was a size 8D so they could see what stock was available.

lostron

Reaction score
Question: I just got a pair of Allen Edmonds in Burgundy but was really hoping for dark brown since I already have another pair of a different style in burgundy.

I know this is a long shot but can I just polish them dark brown and overtime have them retain that color? If so, what is the best polish? :satisfied:

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never said those were the sale prices. What I said was:
Quote:
Your post was not clear on whether you believed the listed prices were the result of a 15% discount. Just wanted to make sure there was no confusion, especially since some of the models will be discounted by $100 or more from the prices listed in your post. Enjoy your new shoes.

ElDave

Reaction score

Question: I just got a pair of Allen Edmonds in Burgundy but was really hoping for dark brown since I already have another pair of a different style in burgundy.
I know this is a long shot but can I just polish them dark brown and overtime have them retain that color? If so, what is the best polish? :satisfied:

Burgundy will never appear dark brown, but the burgundy does darken up over time to a very nice color.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Your post was not clear on whether you believed the listed prices were the result of a 15% discount.  Just wanted to make sure there was no confusion, especially since some of the models will be discounted by $100 or more from the prices listed in your post.  Enjoy your new shoes.

You're right, re-reading it it is unclear. Thanks.

CJG_NYC

Reaction score
Hey all -- as the AE sale approaches I'm thinking of investing in a new pair of AEs (plus, I have a $35 gift card). I currently have Park Avenues in Black, Fifth Avenues in Burnished Brown, Strands in Walnut, and Randolphs in Chili. I'd like another Oxford and I was thinking of the Vernon in Saddle Brown -- any thoughts on these? Anyone have some real life pictures? I always wanted the Weybridge but they seem to have been discontinued - the Vernons seem like a good alternative.

That said, I'd love to hear what you guys might invest in if you were in my position.

Thanks!

froyz25

Reaction score
So I just pulled the trigger on some walnut players while at nordstroms. Hard to pass up since they mistakenly left price tags of 209.99 on the pair so saved me $115. However now I'm thinking about waiting and seeing what the sale tomorrow offers. What do you gentlemen think? Should I just stick to my players which are in first condition or try and find something more professional that I can wear to work ( banker)? I would love to stick to walnut colored AE's. Thanks

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So I just pulled the trigger on some walnut players while at nordstroms. Hard to pass up since they mistakenly left price tags of 209.99 on the pair so saved me $115. However now I'm thinking about waiting and seeing what the sale tomorrow offers. What do you gentlemen think? Should I just stick to my players which are in first condition or try and find something more professional that I can wear to work ( banker)? I would love to stick to walnut colored AE's. Thanks

the players in walnut is really good, especially at that price and it's a 1st quality. i would keep it.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Keep.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is what they had in size 8D.
Closeouts aren't getting any reductions, everything else is 15% off. Remember, this is what they had in Size 8
Code:
Park Avenue	Black	259.00	Current	44
34	5735S 

Sanford	Walnut	259.00	Current	3
41	6612S

Anyone know if these two are gonna be any cheaper than this / what the current going rate is?

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Man, I've been looking for a size 7.5 or 8 in the Andover boot for a wile now on ebay. They are pretty rare huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads