Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdamAdam

AdamAdam Senior member

Thanks for the reply. They are seconds so I expected some sort of defect. I was just wondering if people thought it was too much of one to keep. It's too late for me to return them now and I got a good price for what BB is selling new for $300.

2. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

It's "Go To Shell" Wednesday!
    [​IMG]

3. tietherope

tietherope Senior member

Thank you. It is more out there than others in my office as they wear pure black pants, shoes, and socks, but it worked well and I received many compliments. I looked up some strands with colour laces and was not a fan, but I like them on the Neumok. Maybe they just didn't have the right colour laces for me.
    Thank you as well. It is from a store here in Canada called Zelikovitz Leathers - http://zelikovitz.com/courses.html?page=shop.product_details&product_id=7594
    The colour is not dead on the same as the shoes, but it compliments them very well and I actually like it better that way personally.

They have very well priced items and are cheaper if you sign up for a membership. Usually it is something like $30 for the membership, but promo code "july2013" will get you the membership for free.

4. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

I like it - maybe also known as "rump" day?

5. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

The only real discount is on seconds (contact the shoe bank, or an outlet) and see how you do. A lot of my shell cordovans are seconds. Every once in while, AE does a sale on everything they, I think the last one was roughly 20%, to celebrate their 90 year anniversary.

6. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

Nice work and very nice collection! How do you find the Kenwoods fit? Did you go with the same size as your fleet of gunboats?

7. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Senior member

I've mentioned before that I believe the Clifton fits a little larger than other 8 last shoes. It's been a year since I purchased them during the last Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale, and I can definitely confirm this to be true. For those who are interested in the Clifton, I would go down one half size in length. Hope this helps someone. Now off to purchase a tongue pad!

8. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Thanks!

The fit on the Kenwoods are not great in my Brannock size (9D), there is a lot of heel slip on the left shoe. Strangely enough, I have the same shoes in tan grain in the same size and they fit better, but I have not worn those shoes yet, so it's possible if they stretch that they may not fit well either. I'm still conflicted about keeping them even after more than a year.

9. scbrooks87

scbrooks87 Member

Ok guys, I think my strands may have a fit issue, but I don't know if it's a length or width problem... They are a 12D, my usual size, and I put them on this morning to wear out for the first time, and promptly took them right back off and put different shoes on. I took just a few steps and noticed that the right shoe's bend point was not in the right spot, it was bending on the toe cap. The left shoe was fine, it's bend was in the right spot, not in the toe cap, but just past it.

So how would I fix this with a different size? Bigger size? Same size in a wider width?

Thanks
    -Scott

10. David Copeland

David Copeland Senior member

Originally from Newport Beach - Now living in West
    Did you buy them from Nordstroms where they fitted your foot? If so, they will take back used shoes for the proper fit.

11. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Senior member

It sounds like you definitely have different sized feet. Changing anything might do nothing but reverse the situation and cause the left shoe to crease abnormaly. I would try bending the right shoe in your hands where you want the crease to be and see if that helps. If it doesn't, then you may need to live with it or go the long and grueling route of trying on multiple sizes. What other AE shoes do you have and are they all in 12D? The majority of people, myself included, size down one 1/2 length and up one width in the Strand.

12. David Copeland

Yes, just send me a private message.

There is much more to the same than what is shown on their web site.

David

13. David Copeland

Daltons are nearly the same as the Long Branch. One of the professional shiners at Nordstroms brushed, applied Cream, lightly brushed, applied wax, lightly brushed, and brought the Matt Finish of the boot to a soft Glow of shine. Have worn them for serveral days with just light brushing.

[​IMG]
    SAVED $104 on a Nordstrom Price Match!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013

14. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Senior member

David-Do you mind if I ask how much you paid for this? and how much did it cost you to get the work done by the shiner at Nords?

15. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Quote:Nice Townleys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.