1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasonmx3

jasonmx3 Senior Member

Is this amount of "toe curl" on my PAs normal? My Strand also has this, but it doesn't seem as pronounced. Not sure it can even be called a curl, but it is pointing upward a bit. If it helps, this is the first time I'm wearing this pair.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013

2. shartmann

shartmann Senior Member

Thanks Cold Iron. I really wasn't liking the looks of my Park Avenues. I would say they even had macro-creasing. Creases were very deep, sort of like a spider's web, and almost white colored. When they said the shoes were out of spec and they would send a replacement pair, I quickly decided to ask if I could swap out for shell. This was 100% based on pictures from you, Bucksfan, and a few others. So thanks for the preview. I'm excited about getting these and expect them to look great like yours.

3. shartmann

shartmann Senior Member

That's a great color. You mentioned a while ago that cappuccino was supposed to be darker than brown, and I can see that in your picture. I have a similar MTO on order, except I went with the Strand instead of the McAllister.

4. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Distinguished Member

And one could still argue that shorts are a little bit too casual. That aside your choice of shoes is more a matter of personal style than anything else.

5. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior Member

Gorgeous! Sorry to hear about the bowing, though.
    That seems a little excessive for the first wearing. Do you rest your feet under your chair, with your toes curled, or something?

6. jasonmx3

jasonmx3 Senior Member

Not really. When seated, I sometimes rest my feet on the heels -- not the toes. But most of the time, they are rested flat on the floor.

Actually, even when I'm not wearing the PAs, they curl upwards about the same amount. I sort of noticed this already when I first got them, but I didn't really think much about it since I thought the shape would change once I wore them more.

These, on the other hand, are my Strands on the first day I wore them. Nothing but perfection!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013

7. jch1

jch1 Senior Member

What color are these?

8. jasonmx3

jasonmx3 Senior Member

Brown burnished calf. For some reason, they seem goldish brown under that lighting.

9. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Distinguished Member

Decided to have a casual day with no client meetings and the dog days in full swing:

[​IMG]

10. David Copeland

David Copeland Senior Member

Originally from Newport Beach - Now living in West

11. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Distinguished Member

That's an incredible photo. The entire ensemble looks fantastic and emphasizes my love of earth tones that I lean towards in my own styles. The Strands look flawless in the picture.

12. David Copeland

David Copeland Senior Member

Originally from Newport Beach - Now living in West
    Yes, the sale that Nordstroms has going includes shipping to Mexico for a flat rate for your entire order - which can include more than a pair of shoes. You can add anything else in the box for the same flat rate! Just contact the Manager (or send me a private message on the forums for the name)

David

13. Subutai

Subutai Senior Member

[​IMG]

Someone asked about the Cognac McTavish a while back? Sorry for the long delay. The colors are a bit darker in the pic than in reality. The creasing is real, but I love thsse shoes regardless.

14. tietherope

tietherope Senior Member

That was me, thank you. I didn't order them because I had read for the McTavish you should go down a half size compared to other shoes on the 5 last and the sale only had my regular size for the 5 last. Could you let me know if this was true for you?

15. Kave

Kave Member

I went down 1/2 size in mine and while they fit pretty well I think I would have rather gotten my normal size. They are definately a bit larger then other 5 last shoes however.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.