1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jch1

jch1 Senior Member

Looks like I dropped the ball once again. Should have picked up a pair.

2. leftcoast

leftcoast Member

Do you know if the retail stores will ship shoes to you if you call them directly to order? (I live over 900 miles from the nearest AE store.)

3. Count de Monet

Count de Monet Distinguished Member

Well, they'll likely be dropped ship from Wisconsin. I'm not sure if that answers your question.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2013

4. tietherope

tietherope Senior Member

Have chili shoes hit the seconds lists yet? I hope some do.

5. Winston S.

Winston S. Distinguished Member

If they have it in stock I don't see why not.

6. scbrooks87

scbrooks87 Active Member

Just thought I would share my recent experience with AE customer service. While I had been asking about the darker spots around the eyelets on my new strands, I had also emailed the picture to AE to get their opinion, figured I'd get my answer one way or another :)

They basically gave me the exact same response as what I got here, that it's perfectly normal, and is caused during the burnishing process. But they didn't stop there, they said that if I wanted, they would send me a pre-paid UPS return label and would ship me a new pair at their expense, because even though it's not a defect, they want me to be happy with the product.

I thanked them for standing behind their product, but said since it's not a defect, I have no reason to swap it out, and I'll be keeping them. But their willingness to do whatever was needed to make me happy really was impressive, so I wanted to share that.

-Scott

7. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior Member

...and hearing stories like this is why I'll always keep buying AE.

8. DHD28

DHD28 Senior Member

That's pretty awesome, Scott. A lot of companies can learn from AE.

So here they are... wore my Jordans to pick up my Brooks Brothers Fifth Avenues.... And they are exactly what I need them to be!

[​IMG]

9. leftcoast

leftcoast Member

I'm just wondering if/how I can get the Nordstrom price match without actually walking into an AE store and walking out with the shoes. I assume that AE won't price-match through their online store, but if the retail stores are price-matching, I thought maybe I could call one and purchase from them, if they can have the shoes shipped to me. But I wasn't clear whether all shipped purchases needed to be done through the online store, or whether they could be done through a retail store as well. Hope this makes sense.

All of this is because I'm concerned that Nordstrom might sell out of C widths of the PAs (which are only available online) by July 19. And I can't get a Nordstrom credit card for early access because I live in Canada.

10. Troilus

Troilus Senior Member

Along the same lines, here's my recent experience.

I sent back a pair of PA's back to AE to be recrafted. Of course, because I'm a moron, I sent two shoes from different pairs to AE, one of which was probably 5 years old and one of which was closer to 10 years old (and a pair I bought in college, so essentially unmaintained for a large portion of that decade).

Upon receipt, an AE recrafting rep called me and explained in that pleasant Wisconsin brogue what I had done. Because I couldn't figure out which of the mates was older, she told me to send the mates to both shoes and direct them to her specifically on the packaging. I did so, and she had the pair they could recraft (the younger pair) done the day she received them.

Anyway, my story is obviously unremarkable for this company, but I continue to be impressed.

11. msulinski

msulinski Distinguished Member

I would just call a store and ask to have them shipped to you. They have done this for me before when I was there in-person. They didn't have my size so they got shipped from the factory.

12. Snoogz

Snoogz Distinguished Member

Troilus, why couldn't AE recraft the older pair?

13. leftcoast

leftcoast Member

I'll do that. Thanks for the help.

14. wurger

wurger Distinguished Member

Thanks for sharing with us, you can't ask more from a company. AE does have great service.

15. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior Member

They look great, very clean. Although compared to my Chili Regent Streets, they look almost like walnut or light brown. My chills are more red than yours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.