1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdamAdam

AdamAdam Senior member

Thanks, guys. I was looking for something with a plain toe (sans medallion).

2. random-adam

random-adam Senior member

I ordered Dublin leather Bayfields four weeks ago with a few tweaks. Received an email from Allison five minutes ago:
    Sweating the details.

Nice. :slayer:

3. salgy

salgy Well-Known Member

those heritage golf shoes look identical to the gatsby spectator AE released at brooks brothers this year?!? i don't have a picture of the red/green neumoks, but i missed out on them last year, and really kicked myself for not pulling the trigger... i might have to get a pair this year!

4. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

I remember that too...fxcking ridiculous.

5. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Just called and picked up a pair of Bourbon Dalton seconds... not going to lie I am nervous as all hell lol. I am in Canada and if the defect is bad it is going to cost like $50 to ship and restock them. Wish me luck guys!

Can any Canadians speak on if they have been charged anthing on delivery for factory seconds? When I order from the AE website it comes FedEx with no additional charges so I am hoping for the same from the Shoebank.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  6. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

^ How much were they? I've never been hit with fees in Canada when I ordered from Shoebank

7. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Awesome, thanks for the info. They were $239 and $45 shipping. Was hoping for chocolate in my size too but no luck.

8. BCer

BCer Senior member

Not sure where you are in Canada, but in my case (Vancouver area), I get AE and other products I order online shipped to a postal depot just on the US side of the border, zero freight costs, and often if the value isn't too high I don't even get charged taxes (no duty on US made product). I'm lucky to be a 20 minute drive to the border and with NEXUS, no wait times crossing. Only once I had to return something to AE, so they gave me the return shipping label from the US address they shipped to, and I carried the box back to the US and dropped it off at my depot again...easy. I realize I'm lucky being so close to the border though...not true for everyone obviously.

9. zinc2162

zinc2162 Senior member

I wasn't as lucky. I paid the $45 shipping, plus tax of the shoes and the brokerage fee charged by Fedex.

I plan to do the same thing on my next purchase.

10. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

I am in Calgary, no option to hit up a PO box in the US.

I guess I will just keep my fingers crossed for only a minor flaw and no charges on delivery.

11. njruss

njruss Senior member

Are the moks basically customized Neumoks?

12. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

Bingo! [​IMG]

13. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

How much were you charged?

I just got the reciept and it says it's shipping UPS ground, I am positve I am going to get hit with a fee now.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  14. zinc2162

zinc2162 Senior member

Sorry bro. It was at least a year ago so I wasn't sure. I think I paid around $30-40.

15. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

No problem, thanks for the info

16. uunngghh

uunngghh Member

I'm thinking about purchasing a pair of Snuff Suede Amok seconds. Is there anyway to tell if the version I get was manufactured before or after they fixed the squeaking problem? I'm not sure I can discern whether they squeak or not from just walking on carpet.

17. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Senior member

Banff slippers arrived today. These are definitely the nicest slippers I've worn. Could easily make a quick trip to the market in them without catching any dirty looks. Sizing is spot on. Only thing I'd change is to make the heel of the shoe about 1/4" to 1/2" taller.

A Steal at $59.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

Where would one acquire such slippers for $60?

19. JohnnyGalt

JohnnyGalt Well-Known Member

Can anyone explain the difference in quality (if any) between the indepence soles and the JR soles?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.