• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

njruss

Reaction score
Any particular reason why fifth avenue over PA?
+1 on FA over PA. The PA are just a little too plain for me. I like the small amount of broguing. (ALthough I prefer Strands to either). I would be very happy with PA's if they only cost, say $39......
rotflmao.gif

dapperdoctor

Reaction score
I'm selling a pair of AE shell cordovan Cambridge in size 13AAA if anybody has that size by chance. They have only been worn twice. See the sales threads for more pics.

Spex

Reaction score
Thes
Two great business staples.

Those are the sleekest looking pair of Park Aves I've ever seen (probably why the width question was asked). Maybe a pair in my size of 10.5 would look as good.

The Strands remind me of my dark brown Fifth Street boots. Love them and they rock with all my suits. Great choices here!

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked these up for 2 bills at the Rack. Called "Links" and they were new to me. Looks like a custom Shelton of sorts, same last I think.

jasonmx3

Reaction score
Those are the sleekest looking pair of Park Aves I've ever seen (probably why the width question was asked). Maybe a pair in my size of 10.5 would look as good.

The Strands remind me of my dark brown Fifth Street boots. Love them and they rock with all my suits. Great choices here!

Thanks! Do the PAs usually look clunky otherwise?

njruss

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Holton loafers? I have a chance to pick up a lightly used pair of brown ones for $45 shipped. Thanks!

njruss

Reaction score
Lso, any tips on belt care? Just picked up a couple of AE belt seconds.

kentyman

Reaction score
ALso, any tips on belt care? Just picked up a couple of AE belt seconds.

Just that you shouldn't polish it or you'll likely stain your pants (I asked a long time ago and was warned not to). I think any leather conditioner/cleaner should be enough. So AE Conditioner/Cleaner or Saphir Renovateur to clean, or just AE Leather Lotion.

What belt seconds did you get and for how much? I've never tried.

samadhi27

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I've never thought about conditioning my belts, but it makes total sense. Some of mine are looking rather dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads