• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any inclinations as to when we will see the Neumoras and what the price point will be? I have been thinking about a custom pair of the Mora's but would like to wait and see what options are available on the Neumoras.

Anyone?

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What did you ask exactly ? Do they ship to Canada ? 

Sorry I should've given more info lol.

The Shoe Bank will ship to Canada: $25 for first pair, and $5 for each additional pair. I expect I'll have to pay some duties when it gets here, but that's okay considering the discount.

If you call in now you could probably place your order. I will be later in the evening.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

for those of you who have the Players seconds, how are the qualities? I just got my second pair of seconds and the brogue on the toe are not symmetric... should I keep or return it?

Can you show us a pic? If it's so small you can't really notice it then why not keep.

JessyD

Reaction score
Quote:
The Shoe Bank will ship to Canada: $25 for first pair, and $5 for each additional pair. I expect I'll have to pay some duties when it gets here, but that's okay considering the discount.
If you call in now you could probably place your order. I will be later in the evening.

How much of a discount can I expect ? And isn't the sale only starting next Tuesday ? Why call today ? Thanks.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can you show us a pic? If it's so small you can't really notice it then why not keep.

not sure if it's easy to tell, but they have some slight variation.

Last edited:

ajmanouk

Reaction score

Let me save you by saying do NOT ship directly from Allen Edmonds unless you want to pay the 30 dollar shipping PLUS 65 bucks in brokerage fees. Not duty. Brokerage ******* fees. Thanks, UPS.

Ship with a kind SF proxy. It'll save your wallet.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

not sure if it's easy to tell, but they have some slight variation.

That wouldn't bother me if they fit perfectly. If the fit was a hair off *and* I saw issues with symmetry, they'd go back. With that said, I don't see any issues with the symmetry. I'm sure it's something only you would notice...but if it bothers you, just send 'em back. I know I've had imperfections that bothered me and my wife thought I was crazy but I'm the one who wears them.

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TV2177, Are the shoes in the picture on a flat surface? Was the photo taken at a 90 degree angle straight above the shoes? If not, parallax in an off angle image may make the patterns look more asymmetric than they actually are. I'm only asking to get an impression of the images. The photos you posted do show a difference, especially in the front of the toe. I'm just trying to mentally compensate for any artifact due to photography.

Luvwine

Reaction score
What wingtip should I get? I currently have 3 pair of park aves(2 in black, 1 in burgundy) and a pair of black hills in walnut. I also have a brown cap toe by j m Weston. I wear a lot of suits so I want something et suitable tho am happy to get a more casual pair later. I am confused by the choices. Any consensus best for a wingtip? Cambridge? Jefferson? Strand? MacNeil? Never had a shell cordovan pair so leaning that way as well. thanks for any suggestions.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What wingtip should I get?  I currently have 3 pair of park aves(2 in black, 1 in burgundy) and a pair of black hills in walnut.  I also have a brown cap toe by j m Weston.  I wear a lot of suits so I want something et suitable tho am happy to get a more casual pair later.  I am confused by the choices.  Any consensus best for a wingtip?  Cambridge?  Jefferson?  Strand?  MacNeil?  Never had a shell cordovan pair so leaning that way as well. thanks for any suggestions.

Well, the Strand is not a wingtip, you are missing the McAllister from your list. But you might want to find a Tresana if you can, fantastic wingtip!

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TV2177, Are the shoes in the picture on a flat surface?  Was the photo taken at a 90 degree angle straight above the shoes?  If not, parallax in an off angle image may make the patterns look more asymmetric than they actually are.  I'm only asking to get an impression of the images.  The photos you posted do show a difference, especially in the front of the toe.  I'm just trying to mentally compensate for any artifact due to photography.

Yes it is taken straight from the top and it's kinda obvious once you pay a little attention to it you see the front of the toe is different.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes it is taken straight from the top and it's kinda obvious once you pay a little attention to it you see the front of the toe is different.

Personally, it would drive me crazy. But maybe you are not as neurotic as I am.

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree; it's a bit off. But if you got a good price, then it may be worth it.

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The left shoe does look a little bit wider, but I think the camera is tilted slightly which creates that illusion. Hard to say. A photo with a scale designed for parallax correction would allow for better measurements. Sorry to be nitty on that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads