1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NWTeal

NWTeal Senior member

I think we all know what the answer is. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Yes, I am an 8D so size Small is what I went with

3. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

^^ I'm glad I snagged 4 pair of smalls when they were on sale last month!

4. JermynStreet

JermynStreet Senior member

I thought so, as well, MWS, but if you look closely at the very tip of the toe, you can see pores. I have never seen a shell toe with visible pores, so although these shoes are a really nice makeup, I think that they might be regular old calf.

5. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

Your browser must be clearer than mine! They look remarkably smooth and shell like on my screen.

6. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

PSA on this topic. Call or email Kristle at the jeffersonville outlet if you are interested in a brown shell belt. :)

7. GeneralW

GeneralW Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

I ordered two pairs of shoes from the 2 for $250 seconds sale awhile ago, and I finally got in touch with the Shoebank today because the RL Singletons didn't fit me, so I'm looking to exchange them for something else for $125. Currently I have PAs in black, Strands in walnut, and some spectators, Looking to see if you guys can help me decide,

- FA (Black, Walnut)
    - Neumok (Snuff suede)
    - MacNeil (Black grain)
    - MacNeil (Blk/Plaid, what does this mean?)
    - Neumora (Black)
    - Sanford (Black, Walnut)
    - Sanderson (Tan)
    - Elgin (Tan)
    - McTavish (Brown)
    - Long Branch (Brown)

I really want the Neumoras but is that 333 last the same as the 5 last? From what I've read it seems like I'd have to size down. Which shoes would you guys choose out of that list? Long Branch?

1 person likes this.
  8. billabong

billabong Member

Hey guy, is that promotion 2 for $250 happenning during the year or only some occasions?

9. rpearlberg

rpearlberg Senior member

I asked last week and the rep I spoke to said it won't happen again for a long time...not sure if he just wanted the sale and didn't want me to wait..

1 person likes this.
  10. ryansto

ryansto Well-Known Member

You going to be at game 5 tonight?

11. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

Shell gunboats on a Monday (Macneils). Raised my pants a bit:

[​IMG]

12. JermynStreet

JermynStreet Senior member

Negative. If they won last night, yes, but am tapped out financially for another possible repeat of last night. There have been rumblings of a St. Louis SF meetup though if you're around...

13. ryansto

ryansto Well-Known Member

I'm down for that.

I was lucky enough to go to the game with a business associate from CA last night (tough way to lose a WS game). He flies out today, so he gave me a pair of tickets for today's game, as well.

14. USAmade

USAmade Member

I have the Neumora in black and I love it, it's on the 333 last, so a little narrower and chiseled off than the 5 last (what your park & strand's are made on) but I love the fir personally.

Going into fall the mctavish is always a good choice, but it's a thicker cow hide so it runs about a 1/2 size big, order smaller if you're on the fence, and it also has a double oak sole, so it's not as flexible, but that shoe is built like a brick house, so it can take a beating, great for chilly/wet fall mornings.

the long branch is great if you need a rugged, purely casual boot that will last a long time, get the same size. it's built a little roomier but you'll also most likely have a medium weight to thicker sock on when it's cold out

15. GeneralW

GeneralW Well-Known Member

Thank you very much for your input. I would've snagged all three at $125 a pair but those styles weren't available back then when I ordered...decisions decisions.

16. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

If you don't have a boot, you should grab the branch. You'll find yourself reaching for them more often than you thought.

I bought the daltons and I wear them as much as possible. I almost exclusively wear boots now, including for work.

I might have to keep this up in the summer unless they get too hot!

17. USAmade

USAmade Member

Walnut cloud seems to be more of a "splotchy" burnishing job with more of the color variation throughout the whole shoe, vs regular walnut where the burnishing is more heavily targeted on the toe, and quarters.

the walnut cloud is the standard walnut for the park ave. if you want the park ave in the more traditional burnishing similar to, say... the walnut kenilworth, you would have to get it as a Special Make Up/custom order

18. kjd2121

kjd2121 Member

Guys,

I picked up a pair of McAllister's a while back and they are almost feeling broken in. I also grabbed a pair of Blue Neumok's recently and have been wearing them barefoot. They feel very good and are unlined which, I guess, makes them breathable. I was wondering if I could wear the McAllister's without socks as well, but they are lined? Any reason not to other than looking like a doosh??

Sincerely,
    Kevin

19. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

swamp foot???

that's a recipe for sweat-stained leather lining. do a light dusting with gold-bond powder first, or get some stealth "no-show" loafer socks.

good luck!

20. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

^^ I second the 'no show' loafer socks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.