1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DHD28

DHD28 Senior member

thanks salgy. how are your broadstreets, btw?

2. salgy

salgy Well-Known Member

I love them... Have them in black/white, brown/white & walnut/bone

3. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

You can order them from any AE store, including JVille. However, those tanger coupons can only be used for full price non-closeout factory 2nds.

4. Odradek

Odradek Senior member

I've bought from Jeffersonville before using Tanger coupons and Kristle was very flexible about them.

5. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Hmmm....I was told no firsts, and not stackable with sale prices. Maybe I'm not in the "in" crowd yet. LOL

Having said that, Kristle has always provided excellent service, so I would definitely recommend placing an order through her (or another helpful associate you've worked with) rather than the web site. Give someone a nice commission that way...

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  6. FreedBird

FreedBird Senior member

Just picked up a new pair of Fifth Avenues with double soles, for sale in the B&S forum. Enjoy the photos!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  7. Buddy0329

Buddy0329 Senior member

Lovely shine. Are those Bourbon or Walnut Cloud?

8. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

I just asked Kristle this same question a couple days ago. My impression is that the coupon can be used for anything but the closeout styles in seconds. I specifically inquired about a pair of Aberdeens for a colleague of mine and she said I can apply the coupon for the 1st quality but not for the 2nd. I assume YMMV.

9. FreedBird

FreedBird Senior member

Walnut cloud, but I put a shade darker polish on them, so it is almost in between the two colors.

10. Olifter

Olifter Senior member

No, you do not have to order online. I called the local store and ordered through them.

11. billabong

billabong Member

I see that someone sell AE shoes in B&S forum with lower price than retail price on website. Just wondering is this reliable? It seems not secondhand shoes from shoebank of AE.
    I'm wondering buy AE shoes from B&S or from shoebank

12. random-adam

random-adam Senior member

I used that seller's services once a while back and everything went smoothly; if I had to do it all over again, I'd probably just wait for a sale and order directly from Allen Edmonds... mostly for the MTO options frequently referenced in this thread.

What exactly do you mean with the part above in bold? Shoebank does not sell anything secondhand. "Seconds" means instead that the shoes for some reason failed a final step of their quality control and could not be sold as first-quality merchandise. Often as not there's no visible flaw, but sometimes there's something that the buyer finds unacceptable, in which case (I've heard) there's a $10 restocking fee to send 'em back. It's usually worth the gamble.

1 person likes this.
  13. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

14. billabong

billabong Member

First of all, thank you. Sorry I'm a newbie here so I may have some strange questions.
    Actually I ordered brand new Fifth Avenue and for the next purchase I'm wondering buying from shoebank or some seller in B&S? Or I should wait for the next sale of AE or Nordstrom? The problem is that I'm not in US so I must use some route service, and when I receive shoes, if there's any problems, it would be so hard to return back to US for customer service.

Next purchase should be Strand Avenue in walnut, I love them :D

15. AdamAdam

AdamAdam Senior member

Looks promising. I guess I'd have to see it in person.

I don't love the bourbon. It's not a bad color but is a little bland IMO. That antique brown color pops with a navy suit.

Looks promising as well. Thanks.

16. AdamAdam

AdamAdam Senior member

Duplicate...

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  17. DHD28

DHD28 Senior member

In regards to the Jeffersonville Tanger coupon and if it could be used on 1st quality AEs:

Unfortunately the 20% off is only applicable to full priced factory seconds. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with!

Sincerely,
    Kelsey

Dammit! Was gonna bite on a pair of Broadstreet firsts!

18. polojock615

polojock615 Senior member

Does anyone know where I can get a pair of Wolverine 721s in a size 13?

Thanks!

19. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

20. JermynStreet

JermynStreet Senior member

[​IMG]

Cardinals WS game 4 attire. Unlike the umpiring, nothing controversial about these.

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.