• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

samadhi27

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I've looked up info about the Clifton as well, it might be a standard AE last but the model itself is a Nordstrom exclusive.

KZ404

Reaction score
Given the great luck I've had with my second I would likely return those due to (1) the location of the 'error' on the shoes being so prominent, and (2) I believe this shoe is quite popular (assuming similar in popularity to the PA, although I could be wrong) which implies that it won't be too difficult to snag a different pair of seconds soon.
Thanks, going to return them. I hope another pair show up soon, but seems a little rare for my size.

Persedye

Reaction score
The one day I dont check this thread JAB has a pricing error.

I would have liked to try my luck at the store.

Oh well...

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great to see that even 13 year olds like yourself are getting into quality shoes like Allen Edmonds. A good sign for the future!

ITT and smh in the same post? You're the worst ever.
rotflmao.gif

jrarnold

Reaction score
Wow, I don't read this thread for 24 hours and there's a 184 unread posts. So much for the thread being inactive.

polojock615

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've looked up info about the Clifton as well, it might be a standard AE last but the model itself is a Nordstrom exclusive.
It's on the 8 last - same as the Del Ray. I've got two pairs of Cliftons - brown calf and black shark. I love the last and the shoe.

Shiny

Reaction score

ITT and smh in the same post? You're the worst ever.

I'm not that old, but I don't know what those acronyms mean.

huskyzealot

Reaction score
I hadn't purchased any Allen Edmonds since college, but I recently picked up a pair of the wings below. I must say, the AEs compare favorably to some of my other shoes that were much more expensive.

Now, I need to find a belt that matches, AE offers this belt, but I find it a bit casual looking. Any suggestions on alternatives?

jayw

Reaction score
Strand in 11D is pretty tight for me, and I can't tighten the laces without a V. Would EEE be way too wide, even with a bit thicker pair of socks?

Reason I ask is I live in Europe and need to rely on online ordering, and I can get a new pair of Strand for very cheap, but they're 11EEE. Would I be wasting money on a pair that will not fit me at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads