Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scottyb06

Scottyb06 Senior member

Given the great luck I've had with my second I would likely return those due to (1) the location of the 'error' on the shoes being so prominent, and (2) I believe this shoe is quite popular (assuming similar in popularity to the PA, although I could be wrong) which implies that it won't be too difficult to snag a different pair of seconds soon.

2. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Thanks gents. I've been very happy with these boots - very comfortable and supportive. And they have held up very well. I can't say I've abused them - no mucking through swamps or anything - but they have definitely seen more than city use and are a go-to winter boot as well.

3. topos

topos Senior member

you're right. apparently i can't read.

4. DHD28

DHD28 Senior member

I'm like, addicted to looking at Fifth Streets. In any and every color.

5. RockyTop

RockyTop Well-Known Member

10.5 and 11 in both colors. Guess which ever doesn't fit goes on ebay. I'll be scanning to see how greedy he is. [​IMG]

6. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

+100. I've been lusting over them for 2 yrs. I need to break down buy 1 of each color already...black, maroon, brown...

+, I want some in shell lol.

7. AdamAdam

AdamAdam Senior member

Exact same issue here! Right shoe, brand new McAllister, puff of air. Mine are the combo v sole. Yours?

8. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

blah

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013

9. lierre

lierre Well-Known Member

Quote: When/where is this sale?

10. tietherope

tietherope Senior member

Would either of you gentlemen happen to have a picture of the burgundy belt, preferably with the shoes? I've been on the fence about ordering from Narragansett for a few weeks and with shipping costs to Canada I'd like to make the best decision on purchase #1.

I currently have this burgundy belt, which matches very well. This belt was picked up by someone else on a shopping trip to Buffalo as Canada only sells black and brown belts in store apparently (aside from Brooks Brothers which is too expensive).

[​IMG]

And then this is my belt for my walnut Strands from Zelikovitz Leathers. It does not match well, but they are local and shipping was free.

[​IMG]

11. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

bunch of butt hurt people ITT because they couldnt exploit a pricing error smh.

12. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

I bought 2 x AE Fifth Street on sale as seconds a few months ago, 1 brown, 1 black, both 10.5D.

The brown ones have creased nicely and in the same fashion as my other AEs, nice small creases. They still look almost new.

The blacks, on the other hand, have creased in a fairly horrid manner. Best to just look at the comparison pictures below rather than me trying to describe it. There is a particularly unsightly and completely illogical diagonal crease above the left little toe area.

I took them to my cobbler, and he said it almost seemed like they were made out of a different, cheaper leather. And, indeed, when I feel the leather they do feel different, in particular it seems to be thinner in the area around the left little toe where the creasing is particularly bad.

I accept that creases are a part of life, but have never experienced anything like this before, particularly when an identical pair in a different colour fits so well...

Any ideas? I am thinking of making a complaint, but they are seconds after all, and I have worn them outside of course.

Believe it or not, in the below photos the brown shoes have been worn at least twice as much as the black, which I tend to avoid due to this issue.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013

13. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Hi Mate. The black pair the leather has dried up thus the ugly creasing. Juts use a tons of conditioner and they will be ok. On one pair of my Ae seconds had this issue. I socked in conditioner. And they are creasing nicely now.

14. gtvisa2002

gtvisa2002 Well-Known Member

Wow. Mine is combination v tread as well.

15. donjuan17

donjuan17 Senior member

I believe that is a Nordstrom exclusive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.