• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My how the conversations have changed in the past 30 minutes!

shartmann

Reaction score
This thread hasn't been this quiet in a while. Someone come up with something to talk about!

Quite a bit of difference in activity from yesterday to today. I guess 1st quality shoes for $50 qualifies as something to talk about.

youngcy

Reaction score
I ordered a pair but I don't expect it to honored. Its not a legal matter, they don't have to honor the orders for reasons others have brought up. Its all about customer service, they don't have a legal obligation but if they want to respectable brand, they own up to the mistake. Only one problem Jos a Bank has **** for customer service. If this were Nordstroms or Amazon, yes we'd all get 50 buck AE but it's JAB we're dealing with.

Don't hold your breath.

Shiny

Reaction score
Don't worry guys, you'll be taken care of. The standard MO for these internet screwups is the following: a coupon for a buy 1 get 3 free suits deal. :D

ScottyBoy920

Reaction score
Don't worry guys, you'll be taken care of. The standard MO for these internet screwups is the following: a coupon for a buy 1 get 3 free suits deal.
biggrin.gif

Is that the truth?

I'll take buy 1 get 3 free shoe trees! haha

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure I would do this, all of my shoes have trees in them. Especially when traveling, don't want anything smushed. I would buy a tie case, you can get them for less than $10 and they will hold 6 ties.
Can we begin a rumor that will hopefully pressure the CEOs to make something come true? Can we start a rumor that there will be an Allen Edmonds-Filson collaboration? Rugged shell cordovan loafers? Yes please. Btw just sitting in the St. Louis MO airport and the idea popped into my head as I took this picture

I also use Filson. I do like my Filson bags and cases. And some Filson clothing.

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The picture of the 5 Dundees is a masterpiece.... makes me want to order another pair of Chukka's!
btw, what ever happened (sorry if I missed the post) to the quest for the elusive AE color of Chukka you don't have?
Thanks Calikid, it is only because of bucksfan that I ended up with all 5 of them. So the hunt for the Dark Cognac at AE turned into a dead end. However about a year ago Rancourt had some so eventually I will contact them to see if they have any left and if they do will have a Ranger Moc made from it.

bucksfan

Reaction score

Thanks Calikid, it is only because of bucksfan that I ended up with all 5 of them. So the hunt for the Dark Cognac at AE turned into a dead end. However about a year ago Rancourt had some so eventually I will contact them to see if they have any left and if they do will have a Ranger Moc made from it.

All I did was some prodding :).

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks like JAB says you gents will not be receiving your walnuts for $40. Prices are now morphing to the upper $300's range when appearing on credit cards. :teach:

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like JAB says you gents will not be receiving your walnuts for $40. Prices are now morphing to the upper $300's range when appearing on credit cards.
teacha.gif

Now that's obviously not allowed is it?.
patch[1].gif
I know all you have to do is return them, but charging hundreds more than what you agreed upon can't possibly be legal.

pudman43

Reaction score

4y2anume.jpg

Maiden voyage for my brown neumora's! Man I am really liking these. Fit is awesome. IMO the best loafer AE offers.
Any more pics Fabian? They look great but I'd love to see more angles/shots... J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads