Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kave

Kave Member

There is no way that is going to happen. While I ordered 3 pairs and hope it does I can't see it going through.

2. nicedream

nicedream Active Member

Subutai - what MTO did you order and when? I ordered a pair of brown calf Leeds about 5 weeks ago... Just wondering if I might be getting a call in the near future.

3. Count de Monet

Count de Monet Senior member

I checked with the local store. The associate said if it was good, he was going to order one in each color for himelf. He called me back and confirmed it was a web site screw up and JAB wasn't going to honor any, even if the site did initially "accept" an order.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I doubt this shocks anyone.

4. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

I sure hope they honor it. My order still says open as well. I wonder if was a legitimate sale, and if they just freaked out and closed it because of the barrage of orders that suddenly started happening. The sale price is still listed, even though it won't go into your cart at the sale price anymore. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013

5. nicedream

nicedream Active Member

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013

6. AdamAdam

AdamAdam Senior member

If it helps the OP I am 7.5E (could really go EE) on the 5 last (Strand / McAllister) and wear 8E on the 1 last (Shelton). Rule of thumb I've learned from this thread is on the 5 last to go down 1/2 size and up one width from your TTS.

7. Subutai

Subutai Senior member

Nicedream - I ordered a pair burgundy calf Franciscans right around 6 weeks ago. It's apparently going through final stages of QC . . . so a few more days I was told

Hope that helps (and hope you get a call soon)

8. JermynStreet

JermynStreet Senior member

Well I think they actually have to honor it, pursuant to the Uniform Commercial Code.

UCC 2-204: A contract for sale of goods may be made in any manner sufficient to show agreement, including conduct by both parties which recognizes the existence of such a contract.

Additionally, an offer is officially made by a merchant where the terms are unambiguous and sufficient to manifest an intention to sell to the potential buyer. If they cancel your order, fight it. You should rack up on these.

9. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

I'd be shocked if JAB doesn't have all the necessary disclaimers that allow it the discretion to cancel the order at any time. This is especially true with regard to its sale of AE's, which are shipped by AE (not JAB). Mistakes with internet pricing happen, but not having the proper disclaimers for website sales would be unimaginable stupidity.

10. MoneyWellSpent

While I'm remaining optimistic until my order is actually cancelled, I fear New Shoes is right. Otherwise, why would J Crew and other companies be able to weasel out of their past screw-ups with Alden shoes.

11. thenewguy

thenewguy Well-Known Member

My order status showed "Error" about 10 minutes ago. It now shows "Open". People need to stop calling and screwing up things.

12. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

Haha I dont think people calling to check on orders has enough power to sway a multi million dollar company to honor a sale or not... but I understand your thinking.

I just called and was told all orders will be cancelled. I asked if there was going to be a remedy for the screw up, they said no but gave me corporate's phone number- 410-239-2700.

Lets see how many calls we can give them! [​IMG]

13. MoneyWellSpent

Call and tell them they will be in violation of Uniform Commercial Code UCC 2-204 if they cancel our orders!

14. JermynStreet

JermynStreet Senior member

They do it because people allow them to. Most people will not pursue the matter that far because it would take too much time/ be too costly. This is a firm offer to sell. There has to be another lawyer on here that will back me up.

15. MoneyWellSpent

I'm surprised they haven't taken down the sale price yet on the website. How long could that possibly take?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.