Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

I'm a doc and I wear walnut and dark brown longwing bluchers all the time with my white coat.

2. Calikid

Calikid Senior member

The picture of the 5 Dundees is a masterpiece.... makes me want to order another pair of Chukka's!
    btw, what ever happened (sorry if I missed the post) to the quest for the elusive AE color of Chukka you don't have?

3. frogwash

frogwash Well-Known Member

When I first saw this, I thought, now that's a nifty idea! While my ties aren't 7-fold, imbuing the manly scent of leather would definitely be an enhancement. Also, why should this be limited to traveling when I can do this process at home, too? I'm still awaiting my MTO shells, but I figure I can figure for variety I can set some up as the different calf leathers and later some as shell. I have a quick question though: how do I prevent from imparting the delicate aroma of feet to my neckties? :happy:

4. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

Not sure I would do this, all of my shoes have trees in them. Especially when traveling, don't want anything smushed. I would buy a tie case, you can get them for less than $10 and they will hold 6 ties.

5. Septimus

Septimus Senior member

Cold Iron, how does the Katmai fit? Do you wear a 10D in it? I've read the ankle opening can be too large chad that been your experience?

6. Shouldaville

Shouldaville Senior member

The Katmai fits true to size on me (with normal to thin socks). I wasn't completely sold on the walnut suede, but for $150 it is too well made and comfortable to send back. With only two common sizes left, it won't be around much longer.

7. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

Was never a question of the Bayfields speed hooks, as they look fairly similar to the ones on my 721s and 744s. Which makes sense, since they're all AEs. They are a bit different than the Wolverine standard speed hooks, which have a bit more grip to them, so no rotation. The issue is with Alden's speed hooks, which don't have much of a width to them, so that the hole in the leather only needs to get slightly wider for the speed hook to come right out. I figure if they can get that so wrong on the Indy's, I don't really trust them with CXL.

AE seems to understand CXL and shell's durability a lot. Which is why I wish they made more boots/shoes with it.

8. samadhi27

samadhi27 Senior member

I once saw a photo of a walnut shell AE boot, really wish they'd do it again

9. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

Shell is pretty much mto at this point.

10. Fabian43

Fabian43 Senior member

Disappointed that my merlot Westchesters simply don't fit. Too loose in the heel and going down another size doesn't work. And I'm realizing I'm not quite find of the low vamp. Gonna return them.

On a side note, received my brown neumora's today and I love them. I'm a 10D in the brannick and the 9D in neumora fit me perfect. Gonna return the Westchesters for a pair of black neumora's.

Anybody know if outlets are honoring Independence Day pricing yet?

11. samadhi27

samadhi27 Senior member

How does one go about setting up a MTO with them?

12. bespoken pa

13. Subutai

Subutai Senior member

Hoping you all can help me. I am looking to pick up my first pair of shell cordovans. My issue is I am torn between many options. I plan on using these as a three season casual shoe so am considering the Daltons, the Leeds, and the MacNeils in burgundy cordovan.

I am also considering Alden's lineup mostly because I like their finishing better than AE's for cordovan. Cold Iron and others have shared some great shots of AE cordovan but I just don't know if I want to put in all the leg work. I spent many years in the army getting mirror shines on my boots, but when spending $700 on a pair of shoes I kind of want them to pop right out of the box.

That said, I am partial to AE's styles (with the exception of the MacNeils which I find a bit pointy). See how confused I am?! Any help??

14. Numbernine

Numbernine Senior member

You dont seem confused at all .You laid it out like it is . Just do what you got to do but don't wait too long or you may not have as many choices later At least with AE you can do an mto

15. bespoken pa

My walnut cordovan Daltons are one of the best shoe decisions I have ever made.:slayer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.