1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kave

Kave Member

I just got some Patriots this week and I got them in the same size as my Strands/Fifths and they fit just fine. I would say the sizing in my case is very similar.

2. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Distinguished Member

All of the Brooks Brother's shoes that are made by AE are on the same last as the AE equivalent. You are correct, the Shelton (BB saddle shoes) is one of them. When in doubt, just look at AE's website to find the equivalent shoe.

3. pudman43

pudman43 Senior Member

Pastor, didn't your mother ever tell you to keep your feet off the furniture? LOL. Great Patriots! J

4. David Copeland

David Copeland Senior Member

Originally from Newport Beach - Now living in West
    REVISED AND EDITED REPLY:

Here is a transcript from AE Live Chat today:

"Melissa: Hello. How may I assist you?

David: Please take a look at the photo of this Allen Edmond shoe, and tell me if it is worth the time to mail them in to recrafting: http://www.styleforum.net/t/141581/allen-edmonds-appreciation-thread/24090#post_6436866

Melissa: That is damage to leather, we would not be able to repair this.

David: Yes, the damage is to the upper, but right at the edge near the welt. Would AE be able to stretch the upper through regular recrafting, which includes stretching, and thereby be able to attach the upper to a new welt to eliminate the damaged area?

Melissa: No unfortunately, they would not be able to do that.

David: Okay. Thanks for your help.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013

5. David Copeland

If you like the Daltons - get them at that fantastic sale price, and then build your wardrobe around them.

Some ideas:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Pastor

Pastor Senior Member

This couch is in my office. You are not the first person to mention this...

7. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Distinguished Member

I know the feeling well, how's the fit? What denim are you rocking?

8. Pastor

Pastor Senior Member

I'm not a big sports fan. Actually, I don't watch sports at all but there was a headline a saw about fashion at the NBA draft last night. The number one pick (no idea who he is or where he's from) had these shoes on.

[​IMG]

9. David Copeland

If you like the Daltons - get them at that fantastic sale price, and then build your wardrobe around them.

Some ideas:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. JermynStreet

JermynStreet Senior Member

David,

With all due respect, this is not repairable and I think this advice is incorrect. These shoes indicate a serious crack in the upper that clearly demonstrates that the integrity of the hide has been compromised (through the lasting process, probably). I would say that if there is cracking in this part of the vamp, there almost certainly has to be an increased probability that the surrounding hide is also compromised. There are a lot of shoes floating around on eBay and the gentleman's money would be better spent on an uncompromised pair.

11. MidwestSteve

MidwestSteve Member

Need some help getting that awesome mirror shine. This was the first time I had shined these shoes appropriately with Saphir, so I applied Renovateur once, then cream on the entire shoe and brushed with a horsehair brush. Repeated three times. Even after vigorous brushing the shoes were a bit dull, so I used an Amazon microfiber cloth to wipe off the excess cream polish, so I think I used too much cream. After that, the shoes looked pretty good.

Next I put on one coat of Saphir wax using a dry microfiber cloth, and used a different section of that cloth to vigorously buff the shoe. When I was done it looked like all the cream and wax had been removed. Did I buff too much?

I also tried the technique of applying a base coat of Saphir wax with dry cloth, then 10 coats of wax with a damp cloth. No luck for most of the shoe. I did have a mirror shine on the leather near the sole, but not on the top of the shoe. Although I thought I was using a minimal amount, maybe it was still too much wax?

Any ideas where I’ve gone wrong?

12. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior Member

Whats the verdict on sizing for these boots? Did you stick with the same as other 5 last shoes?

thanks

13. rydenfan

rydenfan Distinguished Member

fit is great. While an 8.5D works for me in the Leeds the 8E is right for me in the Dalton.

Denim is Baldwin Denim, Henley cut, in a 12 oz. Kaihara Selvedge. They are an excellent summer pair as the Henley is a nice slim taper without being skinny, the 12 oz. fabric is lightweight but the Kaihara fabric still has a fair bit of grit and texture to it.

14. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior Member

To piggy back on this post...

Looking at the AE website they advertise the Independence collect as being $100 off but when you click on the item to purchase, the discount is not provided. I am sure if you contacted them, the sale price of $375 would be honored. Not bad for first quality shoes.

15. BootSpell

BootSpell Distinguished Member

Gorgeous, rydenfan! Only partially lined, correct? Wonder why AE makes the walnut shell unlined but the burgundy shell is fully lined? Enjoy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.