Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

For dress belts, you might just consider shell cordovan or custom make ups. You can buy a top quality custom belt from Rancourt or Hellbrand Leather Works for nearly the same price as a ready to wear from AE.

2. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Really? Where did you see this? I've been drooling over rutledge for ages, but could never afford them... Thanks !

3. AT83

AT83 Active Member

Question for you all.

Blue spiaggia vs Blue neumok

Clearance price and nordstrom sale price shouldn't be too far apart. Which would be better for jeans and khakis with polos and button down dress shirts. Might also try either with no show socks and shorts but that would be pretty advanced work for me. I am attracted to the rubber sole for all weather traction, but not sure about it being red. I could always topy the neumok for damp and winter wear in the Chicago area while the suede spiaggia might be too vulnerable despite the sole. In the past I wore a pair of brown grain leather cap toes with rubber soles but they became too tight and got sold off. By fall my mto cxl Bayfields should arrive and provide another nice casual option and damp approved sole.

4. shartmann

shartmann Senior member

On the Allen Edmonds site, go to the 'Stores' page and search for the outlet stores in Wisconsin. On the left hand side it lists 'store events', and this sale is listed for both outlets. You can read the full descriptions if you go to the outlet store's page. I'd call either of those stores and see if they have your size.

5. Fabian43

Fabian43 Senior member

I'll look into it, thanks

6. Fabian43

Fabian43 Senior member

Yes, Kristle from J'Ville told me same thing earlier in the week that Independence collection will be $100 off (seconds) for July 4th sale. Probably gonna pick up Rutledge in walnut

7. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

Brown version pictured here. I really like the brown shell one and find myself wearing them a lot. I also bought but the burgundy shell and i've yet to wear them. I'm going to start breaking them in soon as I have a trip to NYC coming up and I think the burgundy shell patriots are going to be the only shoes I take.

[​IMG]

8. random-adam

random-adam Senior member

I'll second this. Nicest belt I own was forty something bucks from http://www.narragansettleathers.com -- very clean lines and will hold up forever.

9. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Nothing like getting home after a redeye flight and being gone all week to find these waiting for you

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Count de Monet

Count de Monet Senior member

I have a pair from Naragansett. Excellent quality, cut to order. However, they aren't super "dressy" ie no stitching on edges, no super polished sheen. My burgundy is too red to suit me for wearing with my burgundy shoes but great for weekends. I wear the brown all the time, including my Jeffersons today (just link two posts above together)'

11. deeselcyde

deeselcyde Active Member

If I have a pair of walnut Players and it's my only pair of AE, would it be an unwise choice to get some walnut Daltons during the Nordstrom's sale? From the pictures shown by rydenfan, they look darker than my Players.

12. random-adam

random-adam Senior member

To what end?

If you're in a suit regularly, probably unwise, yes. If your work dress code is biz casual or you're looking for something to wear with denim, walnut Daltons would be a solid choice.

13. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

My pictures are walnut shell cordovan, not calf

14. fiestaplatypus

fiestaplatypus Senior member

Can anyone mention their respective sizes in the Patriot Loafers (or any other loafers) relative to their size in a few other lasts, including a common 5-last shoe like the PA or Strand? I have a couple dozen AE's in all (in addition to some Carminas and Aldens, incluing an LHS) and have been fitted numerous times for various lasts, but I have not yet found a loafer that will fit me from AE. In fairness, I have not yet been fitted for this new last.

I fear that my wide toes and normal / narrow (relative to toebox) heels make me an impossible fit for most AE loafers, but I wanted to see if any others have overcome a situation like this. In addition, I frequently have to go with shoes on the higher end of my size range (since a 12.5E is an uncommonly stocked size), so the instep becomes an additional problem, as my foot is frequenly sitting further back in the shoe, away from the tounge. This is fine for oxfords, but becomes a huge concern for loafers. I'd prefer to avoid tounge pads for a shoe that will frequently be worn on hot days. I have a 12E Dornoch that doesn't fit all that well, as my foot sits too far back from the tounge. I commonly wear a 13D on the 5 and 1 lasts. Others have varied, based on the shoe.

Any ideas? So far, the Alden LHS on the Van last in a 12E has been my best option. Thoe toebox is great, the heel slips slighly (but I have yet to break it in so this may not be a real problem).

15. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

[​IMG]

Someone wanted to see Shell Fifth Streets.... here you go! I pulled this from the AE website, looks like someone already thought of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.