• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJG_NYC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jack2000
the s means second. Weybridge is a nice shoe

Thanks, figured that would be it!

Originally Posted by tgt465
The last is the fourth digit in the 4-digit product number. For example the Weybridge is on last 8.

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense!

So, that said: if I wear a 7.5 in a #5 last should I size up for a last that is not as long?

Thanks!

Lord Asquith

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LouisD
10.5C rarely shows up on ebay :/

I actually have a number of AE in that size and was going to throw them out. They're in v good cond. but my foot has grown 1/2 size (feet grow in length very slowly as you age) but I didn't think anyone cared for slip ons here.

pgd3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CJG_NYC
So, that said: if I wear a 7.5 in a #5 last should I size up for a last that is not as long?

Not automatically.

I have shoes on the 1 5 and 7 last, all of them fit well, and all are 11.5B.

I would have to say that I would probably adjust more moving from a 7 last to a 5 last, if my foot were short and wide, than I would from a 5 to a 7 with my foot being long and narrow.

Depends where you are in the shoe, and overall foot shape. You may personally find other lasts less comfortable, or you may discover that low and behold, you weren't a 7.5X in the 5 last.

pgd3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lord Asquith
I actually have a number of AE in that size and was going to throw them out. They're in v good cond. but my foot has grown 1/2 size (feet grow in length very slowly as you age) but I didn't think anyone cared for slip ons here.

You may also find that your foot has flattened more than grown.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Posted these up from the thrifting thread. Chesters in 9D.
IMG_20110411_210620.jpg
Reheeled...
IMG_20110411_210747.jpg
There's a little stress to the leather on the outside of the left little toe but it hardly shows and I think some TLC will make it even less noticeable.
IMG_20110411_210637.jpg

doublemazaa

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NukeMeSlowly
FifthStreetboots002.jpg

Damn, these are mighty fine. Where did these come from? No longer (or never?) in full production? I would like to add these to my collection.

Steve Thomas

Reaction score
Sporting my Auburns. Just picked them up at a shoe warehouse here in Kansas City. Went in looking to buy some black Park Aves. They didn't have my size but then I found these in their "clearance" area. Got them cheap. This is their 3rd outing.
skullsocks.jpg
ToemedallionAburns.jpg
Also picked up a pair of brand-new, unworn, "Made in the USA" Johnston & Murphy tasseled loafers for $30. I'll post a pic of those in the appropriate thread soon.

viator

Reaction score
Question about how to handle a recrafting problem.

I sent in my AE Moras for recrafting, but I wanted a Dainite sole put on instead of the regular leather one. I called AE. They said they could do this and to note it on the form that accompanies the shoes. Shoes came back quickly, but with no Dainite sole.

I really wanted the Dainite sole because I think it will last longer and therefore help extend the life of these shoes, which as we all know are discontinued. Plus, it will make them more versatile for wet weather.

How should I approach this with AE?

HarleyBob

Reaction score
Why isn't AE coming back out with the Mora? I understand changing times and styles, but there is a huge demand for double monks and it just seems to me that they are really missing the boat here.

Unregistered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HarleyBob
Why isn't AE coming back out with the Mora? I understand changing times and styles, but there is a huge demand for double monks and it just seems to me that they are really missing the boat here.

Just hang in there for a bit.............

smile.gif

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Allen Edmonds ROUGH Collection...and I am drooling!
Allen%20Edmonds%20Rough%20Collection.jpg
video..
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. EDIT- Apparently they launch in the fall of this year.

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20% off on most AE shoes over on endless. They have the elign as well <3

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint
Allen Edmonds ROUGH Collection...and I am drooling!

Allen%20Edmonds%20Rough%20Collection.jpg

video..
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

EDIT-
Apparently they launch in the fall of this year.

They're out now. I looked them over at the Minneapolis store last weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads