1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. polojock615

polojock615 Senior member

I just got a pair of firsts from a seller in eBay for 299 shipped. Certificate, numbering, shoe trees, and never worn! Now I want a pair of 721s.

2. Fabian43

Fabian43 Senior member

So lately I've been seeing many comments about "Allison" being a good contact. I haven't ordered from her yet as Kristle from J'Ville has always taken care of me. I know J'Ville has taken care of many of us here on the board. Is there an advantage of dealing with Allison? Is she giving discounts? I'm all for saving some money!

3. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Allison is our contact for MTO shoes. She works out of the AE factory. She does not give additional discounts.

4. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Allison is for MTOs.

5. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

Great deal! Haven't seen them on eBay in the past few days though, but will keep an eye.

6. Sweetchuck

Sweetchuck Member

And here I thought I was getting something kinda unique when I placed my MTO for a pair of Merlot Strands.... Guess not, oh well.

7. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Maybe you gave them the idea....That's how I would think of it!

1 person likes this.
  8. salgy

salgy Well-Known Member

That makes 2 of us... Allison did honor the webgem price for me though!

9. BIGBERTHA

BIGBERTHA Well-Known Member

Can someone tell me how the AE Strands fit compared to the Alden Barrie? Size up from my Barrie sizing or same?

10. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

I wear the same size in barrie and the Strand (5 last).

11. Jeweler

Jeweler Member

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  12. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Quote:Wow, that amazes me. I have wide-sih feet with a high instep. Barrie is a comfortable, even slightly roomy fit. Strand is too narrow for me to make work in a D width no matter what the size. I'd have to go to an E.

13. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

I could go to an E because of my high instep, but I'm afraid it would comprimise the rest of the fit (which right now is perfect). I just deal with the slightly wide lacing gap.

14. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

Those are two different Allisons. The Allison in question does work at the Port Washingtone headquarters. Fwiw, there's another Allison that I know of, who works at the Freeport store.

Although the stores could place an MTO order, they can't wave you a custom fee and they won't be able to add the bells and whistles beyond what you'd be able to get on the AE webpage.

15. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

I wear the same length in both, but I get normal width on the Barrie last (tried E once and was swimming in them) and E-width on the 5 last.

16. Jeweler

Jeweler Member

Just seen the new web gem shoes all burgundy. They look awesome

17. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

This is not correct. The Allison discussed in this thread works at headquarters and her and Deborah handle all the MTO orders as part of the SF SWAT team formed by AE's CEO

18. Fabian43

Fabian43 Senior member

I'm sure Allison is providing good service, that being said, all stores can place MTO and J'Ville has been a big resource for many of us. The phone orders business is important to J'Ville and they just wanted me to reiterate that they can accommodate any type of order and would love the opportunity to serve. I've purchased over a dozen shoes from Kristle and Kelsey with personalized service. Just wanted to give them a plug. That is all, I'll get off my soapbox.

19. Jeweler

Jeweler Member

20. Jeweler

Jeweler Member

Thank you all for the update!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.