Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Count de Monet

Count de Monet Senior member

After two weeks of "carpet at the office" break-in, time for the RL Sandersons to finally head outdoors.[​IMG]

The brown shows up more in sunlight (obviously).

[​IMG]

2. easy_golfing

easy_golfing Senior member

If I could just say, the 2 last is absolutely horrible. I have a pair of chukkas on it

3. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

Sorry to see this. Unless you pricked the shoe with something sharp, it's not your fault. If you're concerned about it, give AE a call. They will either set your mind at ease or make it right. For what it's worth, I have a spot like this on the vamp of my Cambridges. It has not grown in the 1.5 years of ownership.
    Beautiful shoes - enjoy! I wish I could wear the 2 last as well as you do.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013

4. Invictus146

Invictus146 Member

5. masernaut

masernaut Senior member

I apologize; the pictures make it hard to see. But it's the small indent right in the middle of the picture. My only concern is that it's right where the shoe creases and I do not want the crack to expand.

I can't imagine pricking the shoe with anything; they've only hit the pavement (in SF for the most part). I purchased these shoes from the Shoe Bank; will AE still be willing to do something about this? They are not labelled seconds in any way.

6. JesseLivermore

JesseLivermore Active Member

Sort of an odd question, but I've been looking through AE Strands/McAllisters in Walnut specifically on Ebay and noticed that some shoes tend to take on more of a yellow tint, while others lean more toward a walnut brown.

Is this simply a lighting issue, or is it normal for Walnut colored shoes to develop this yellow-ish tint as they age? To be honest, I actually prefer this yellow-like color, which is why I a asking.

One more thing - When does the Anniversary Sale occur? I understand there was a sale in April or May, but I was under the impression there is also another sale set to happen sometime later this year.

7. Wallsy

Wallsy New Member

Thanks for the input scottyb. I'm happy and comfortable in the shoes otherwise and won't worry about it!

8. jrarnold

jrarnold Well-Known Member

Quote:I imagine this is most likely a lighting issue. Lighting, white balance, metering and post processing can all create very different shades of color when it comes to photography. The AE Anniversary Sale already occurred. Recent discussion of an Anniversary Sale in this thread is in regards to the Nordstrom's Anniversary sale which is coming up in July. The AE Tent Sale ends tomorrow.

Quote:That is a disappointingly small list of stores. I need to buy some accessories from AE and this would be perfect!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2013

9. shartmann

shartmann Senior member

I didn't read all the details, but maybe you could place a phone order at one the listed stores?

10. jrarnold

Quote:I will be attempting to do so on my lunch break today.

11. gtvisa2002

gtvisa2002 Well-Known Member

Thank you so much. I am one of those lucky people with an Amex card and an AE store nearby participating. yay!

12. Bluewater

Bluewater Member

13. Fabian43

Fabian43 Senior member

Was on the fence about picking up a pair of Sedona's but since they are on clearance for $129, $50 statement credit makes them only $80. Nice!

14. BigRob

BigRob Senior member

Are Brooks Brothers branded Allen Edmonds shoes made with the same last? I ordered a pair of Fifth Avenue rebrands ($280, called Perforated Captoes), and I'm wondering whether they'll be the same as the Park Avenues I already have. Will I be able to use the AE brown shoe polish and cedar shoe trees?

I noticed after ordering them that the soles are different so it made me wonder whether there are other differences. Also, are these eligible for AE refurbishment?

15. jrarnold

Quote:Careful, read the terms. Its only if you buy from specific stores directly. And only if you sign up via that link. When I tried to sign up I was given this message "Sorry, this is by invitation only". I was attempting to sign up with my Costco Amex but no luck.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2013

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.