1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cbtaylor

cbtaylor Senior member

Same last, only difference is fifth Ave has perforation on cap toe

2. oscool27

oscool27 Member

I just bought these AE suede longwings from Nordstrom Rack for about $130 on clearance. What model are they? These are my first pair of AE's.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. NWTeal

NWTeal Senior member

I agree that the shells in store look terrible. Based on the photos in this thread, you can tell that actual AE shells that customers receive here are actually quite beautiful. For some reason, the Norwich in brown Shell seems to look like a different color than other brown shells and I would agree, looks somewhat off. An MTO in the dark brown such as the one shown in GOP Shoe Guy's Jeffersons would be beautiful, if that's the actual color they came in. The right opportunity might be now, since $505.75 for a shell MTO is likely going down as the best bargain ever.

4. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Senior member

Just a PSA for those interested in both the Long Branch and Bayfield. I got them both in the same size, but the Bayfield seems to run small (at least for my foot). Sized up a half in the Bayfield and it now fits just like the Longbranch. Even in two different sizes, when placed heel to heel they are the same exact length.

5. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Senior member

I don't understand all of the recent posts with people hating on AE Shell. I would agree that often there is a bunch of creme on them when new, but after a bit of care they are beautiful. Just take a few seconds to look at the pics on here and you will see that. I will admit that on occasion there is always the exception to the rule, but I just cant understand all the negative posts re: AE shell.

6. shartmann

shartmann Senior member

Nice looking shoes in my opinion. I considered getting a pair a few months ago but I think they were around $230. I believe they are called the Schautal, at least that's what it said on the box:

[​IMG]

7. AndrewN

AndrewN Active Member

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  8. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Don't think the posts are as much on hating AE Shell as it is how they care for them and present them in their stores.

9. Olifter

Olifter Senior member

Would someone tell me what last the Elgins were built on? Thanks.

10. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

565 i believe.

11. f800gs

f800gs Senior member

I think the Elgins were on the 5 last.

12. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Hi all -

Does anyone know anything about the Sterling model in crocodile/alligator? Theres not much info online about it except one expired auction for an odd size :
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Allen-Edmon...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Was it a limited edition or any idea of retail price?

Forgive me if this has been covered somewhere, but I dont follow this thread regularly. Any info is appreciated!

13. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Edit. Read that wrong.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  14. tietherope

tietherope Senior member

That's correct.

15. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Those are nice shell models.

16. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

^This

17. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

These are suede MacNeils made for the European market.

18. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

Agreed. Obviously, I didn't seriously mean AE should have imposed any restrictions on the walnut shell. I merely wish they still had it in stock.

19. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

You and me both!

1 person likes this.
  20. robbrechter

robbrechter Well-Known Member

Got Mora 2.0s in Bourbon and am a bit disappointed in the color. Not as dark as the Bourbon Strands I already have. Thinking about going MTO for Merlot Mora 2.0s with Allison. Would be same $293.25 price, correct?

Any thoughts on a burgundy/merlot Mora? Would love to get a second opinion on whether this is something I should even be entertaining.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.