1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Copeland

David Copeland Senior Member

Originally from Newport Beach - Now living in West
    Then I would agree with others - return them for a refund. Then head over to either an AE Store or Nordstroms and get a professional fit according to your arch, size, width, and styles you would be best fitted in.

Had it been Nordstroms, they would have backed up even wearing the shoes for 6 months - because they guarantee with a money back refund or replacement that their staff will professionally fit you.

2. rc121

rc121 Senior Member

if you aren't sure of your size, then I would recommend waiting for the anniversary sale. This way, you can either go into the store and get fitted or order several sizes to find out which one works for you. The prices would be pretty comparable and the ones from Nordstrom would be first quality, not seconds.

3. David Copeland

David Copeland Senior Member

Originally from Newport Beach - Now living in West
    Which of the following photos does your appear to be:

[​IMG]
    Photo 1 above

[​IMG]

Photo 2 above

Note: The above are two different styles

Last edited: Jun 19, 2013

4. rydenfan

rydenfan Distinguished Member

the wheels are in motion...

5. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Distinguished Member

Aren't the players bluchers?

6. docka

docka Senior Member

Can you share your method?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2013

7. evilWagon

evilWagon Senior Member

E gurus I need your input; do the jos a bank version of the allen Edmonds have any differences from the AE originals? (PA & Fifth) I've searched but can't find anything conclusive. I see in the tent sale they are discounted more then their AE cousins. I've read about the differences with the BB versions hence the question.

8. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Distinguished Member

One of the first things I checked into when Paul posted the MTO offer was to check into discontinued AE boots. The Brantley was on the 4 last, not sure if it the same as the 4 last today like my Cascades are on. Hmmm shell Cascades.... I too am looking for older boots made by AE that still might be an option, if anyone finds them please post them! The only other boot I have found mentioned is the Andover. And of course the Bayfield.

That is sort of what I'm thinking. And hope so because that means mine will be coming when yours do although I am excited to see you get yours too! :)
    What an absolutely stunning chukka!! Officially AE says they didn't change the shell they used a year or so ago but assigned a master burnisher to the finish of shell. The burnishing on those are some of the best work I have seen yet. Congrats those are gorgeous!

9. nathanl

nathanl Senior Member

Definitely Players and definitely bluchers - I've got a half-dozen pairs, so I'm pretty familiar with the AE styles I like. [​IMG]

Here's some pics:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Again, I prefer the streamlined look of the single sole - it's more just interesting because it's definitely changed (from even what's still in the product descriptions).

10. msulinski

msulinski Distinguished Member

I'm pretty sure my Player's is double with a combination heel.

11. drbhrb

drbhrb Well-Known Member

I just got Nathan's from the sale which are the fifth aves. I saw online somewhere that they thought the ja bank versions were made on different lasts. The fifth on 7 and the park on 8 instead of the 5 last. After receiving my shoes I think they are right. Quality is the same. The 7 seems to fit me better anyway

12. jrarnold

jrarnold Well-Known Member

How exactly are loafers intended to fit? I have been wearing my Scottsdales around the house again today and when I walk at a normal pace my heel slips up and down a bit, is this intended with loafers and not something to worry about?

13. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Distinguished Member

I think you're the only one who's confused on this issue . . .

14. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Distinguished Member

Weird. I prefer the double sole for the Players as I would plan on wearing it more casually. Wonder if they're all sold like this now.

15. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior Member

Are you sure that's a single sole? It looks like a double sole to me from your pictures. It certainly look thicker than the typical single sole. It does appear that they changed the heel so it's no longer a combination heel. I personally prefer combination heels because it looks nicer, but functionally I don't think there's any difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.