1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WICaniac

WICaniac Senior member

I went to another school founded by TJ, so I can use the same justification. I wonder whether the superior quality is discernible beyond the sticker on the box.

2. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

That will be great - just be aware how the 2 last fits. By default the 2 last is sleek, even narrow. I know I needed to go up a width to get it to fit well. It also may not work that well with a split reverse welt.

Not to take a sale away from AE on the AE thread, but if what you want is the marlow wingtip, look into ordering it from some of the forum members. I know some are SAs and can get deals. There are posts over on the C&J for RL thread from some of them.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  3. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

Wow those are Awesome!

4. NWTeal

NWTeal Senior member

I've lurked a little in the Marlow thread. I'll have to look a little deeper.

The 2 last is a mystery to me and that's a good point about the split reverse welt and the last.

Sizing is even more confusing I had a 9D for the Norwich, it was way too tight and gave me blisters in the back so I got a 9.5D which is a little long but bearable. I have the RL Sandersons in 9D which feels a little long as well, but too tight. I was recently measured as a 8.5E on the Brannock when I thought I was a 9D.

However, there isn't much in terms of options for a short wing blucher from AE is there?

5. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

Well...they came in the mail today from eBay and I'm pretty happy with them! $135 for shell saddles in #8

[​IMG]

I know this has been answered but does AE change out the insoles on a recraft? I have a pair I need to send in and I'd be fine if they did. Thanks fellas!!

6. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

Don't get me wrong - the player was a fantastic looking shoe - but a lot of people had fitment issues, and that would really suck to get these great shoes that don't fit you right. No, there are no other options for a short wing blucher from AE (currently)

7. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

I was eyeing those too, glad someone from the forum got them. The answer is no, AE does not replace the insoles, but they do replace the cork.

8. jungleroller

jungleroller Senior member

Strange...I've been eyeing the same style. The Marlows are beautiful but pricey. Can AE do a MTO using the player style? I left Allison a vmail but I'm at the end of a long line apparently. I would love the Players in a brown shell with natural welt. Can they do wheeled edges on these?

9. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

My vote would be the Jefferson. The independence series is worth it in my opinion, extremely comfortable. So much so that I think I am going to add the lining to some MTO Cambridges.

10. jungleroller

Dammit thats nearly exactly what I was thinking lol. Good taste

11. NWTeal

NWTeal Senior member

I asked about the Players and she said yes. I called her towards the end of her day as I was leaving work and she picked up on the second try :). The Marlows get much cheaper during the RL private sale, but I believe it's a mad dash to get them.

Not sure about the wheeled edges on the JR sole. I'm still teetering on the edge [​IMG]

12. jungleroller

Cool. I might go to a AE store and double check the 2 last to see how it fits. Thanks for the tips. So is it any extra for the Independence lining vs regualr lining or $505 is $505 no matter the options?

13. jimney

jimney Senior member

I was planning on doing something similar, except brown Chromexcel. What are the alabaster laces?

14. NWTeal

NWTeal Senior member

No extra charge for the independence line "upgrades"

15. lostron

lostron Senior member

The Jefferson is a great shoe

16. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Woah, the players and the marlow are pretty cool!

17. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Damn those are awesome. I hope they weren't in my size.

Great find!

18. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

This
    This is just the color similar to the color of the AE's natural welt.

19. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

I think the one-price MTO option is the best thing about this MTO deal. $500 is already a ridiculously good deal on MTO, but by taking price out of the equation, they really encourage you to just go crazy, and get *exactly* what you want. They could easily be charging us an extra $50 for JR double soles, and a lot of us would pay it.

8 weeks (or more, of course) can't get here soon enough.

20. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

Spent some time getting the infamous AE polish / cream / whatever off my new kenwoods.

Mid- way through:
    [​IMG]

Naked #8 goodness:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.