1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

Looks like they got their inspiration from the Edward Green Windsor: http://uptowndandy.blogspot.com/2011/07/vintage-edward-green-john-hlustiks.html

The Windsor is a blucher, but John Hlustik (one time owner of Edward Green) came up with the design concept.

2. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

It's Namor we're talking about. I would be shocked if he was inquiring about AE calf. Also, not sure if you were trying to post what he is looking for, but I think he is asking about an adelaide like this:

[​IMG]

3. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

A big plus one for all the shell MTO Bayfields. Really like those.

4. jpleak

jpleak Member

I'm really considering purchasing a pair of Bourbon Strands seconds before the RDA sale ends.. Does anyone happen to know a price to save me a phone call?

5. tietherope

tietherope Senior member

$228.65

6. jpleak

jpleak Member

hm. i thought they would be cheaper.. my dalton's were around 200 with shipping. lol

7. Indyoshi68

Indyoshi68 Senior member

Ah yes. I have a mile long walk to the subway station every morning. I can jump on a bus if it's too gross out but I prefer to walk in the morning unless it's exceptionally disgusting.
    [/quote

8. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Thanks. Here are a few more quick shots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Hey Ryden. Did you find your recent cappuccino shell makeups to be more dry feeling than other shell shoes you own?

10. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Yup. I plan to treat with some Reno in the near future.

11. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Have you or will you wear them before you treat them? I wore my capp. Dundees once and where the creases formed are a bit rough. No other shell I have did this.

12. cannan

cannan Senior member

Damn those are really nice. Looks like reading through the recent posts is that cappuccino is gone. I tried on some Dalton's yesterday but I'm thinking about cleaning out the closet to raise funds for an MTO makeup that can be my go-to shoe.

13. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

This is my 3rd wearing of my Bayfields and they are a bit dry. I will probably treat them and my Dundees over the weekend. I likely will not wear my Dundees before I treat them. That is more a function of the amount of footwear I have then any feeling about not wearing them prior to treating them :)

Interesting that yours are rich. I have not experienced that. I would imagine a conditioner and some heavy brushing will fix them right up for you

14. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Thanks! I think they would look great in dark brown as well. Really any of the cordovan colors would make up well. Plus the Poron insole is super comfortable.

15. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Thanks, Ryden. Looks like I'll be ordering some reno today. I wish I could get reno and Alden leather defender from the same place. I want to get both. I want the defender for my Indys.

16. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

there is the size, then the 4 digit model #. Sometimes there will be another number that is 5 digit or so on a separate line. The 4 digit one is key. The last digit is the last of the shoe. Don't quote me on this, but the 1st 3 digits is the model #.

17. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Does Leffot not stock both? You may want to give them a call. You could at least get some Reno and the Nano suede spray or Saphir brush as well. I know people here will probably think a $30 brush is ridiculous but I have tried almost every horsehair brush out there from $5 to $50 and for me nothing shines as well as the Saphir horsehair brushes.

18. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

I will have to call Leffot. The nano suede spray wouldn't do me any good on shell, right? That's why I wanted the Defender. I have only had the AE brushes up to this point. I don't know any different.

19. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Quote:Deer bone works a treat in smoothing out creases in shell. I have been fortunate with my shell Townelys - probably the least amount of creasing in any shoe I own, shell or calf: [​IMG]

20. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Hanger Project as well has a huge stocklist of shoe care products. Correct, on the suede spray. I just meant if you owned some suede that needed protection headed into the fall. I always try to group of shoe care orders together. I know must love the AE brushes but I find the shell to look very fuzzy after being brushed in comparison to other brushes.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.