Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Persedye

Persedye Active Member

Woot!!!

I had been kicking myself for sleeping on the $129 chili lasalle during the memorial day sale.

Just confirmed they have one in my size! Add another to my collection:

Black Clifton
    Burgundy McAllister
    Chili Lasalle

Next up... Walnut Strands, Burgundy Patriots, Brown Neumoks

2. tietherope

tietherope Senior member

Does getting the Sanford in walnut instead of the Strand allow me/work to wear them with chinos?

Looking to add to my Merlot Mcallisters from the last sale.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013

3. Kave

Kave Member

Sure, here is the list for 12D.

4. tietherope

tietherope Senior member

Did you order or do they make us wait for tomorrow?

5. Kroaker

Kroaker Senior member

I wear my Sanford's with chinos all the time. Just a bit more casual than the strands, so they are perfect.

6. robby

robby Member

Anybody have a pair of red Finches that they could snap some photos of while wearing?

7. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Going to point out that there is a Walnut cordovan Dalton in 12D for $540 so that someone will buy it before I am tempted to.

8. toddfuller

toddfuller New Member

[​IMG]

I just picked up a pair of Rutledges and have several hours of indoors of break-in. I've read a lot of posts about the gap at the heel and I'm not concerned about the aestetics. I'm experiencing some pressure on my arches from the front of the heel. I'm wondering if any of my fellow AE wearers have experienced this and whether the insole eventually conforms so the sole feels even. Otherwise, the shoes fit great.

Thanks,
    Todd

9. frogwash

frogwash Well-Known Member

When I open the list, it says 11.5D at the top.

10. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

NO NO NO!!! You are supposed to apply the edge dressing BEFORE you do the cream!

Just kidding, sorry couldn't resist [​IMG]. That is the exact same treatment I used on my burgundy Leeds for many years to good effect. I feel as long as YOU are happy with the end results that is what matters. There is nothing wrong with your treatment IMO. To maintain them I still wipe with a slightly damp rag and brush for ~5 min. then buff with a buffing cloth for another 5 or so. Great choice in picking the Leeds by the way.
    Well because someone on here posted yet more shell pics on here recently, both the brown and burgundy shell Patriot's, I just hung up after ordering the burgundy shell Patriot's. They are taking orders right now for the tent sale. I love my brown shell ones and basically wear them every night after I get home and on the weekends. Despite having an abundance of exotic colored shell truth be told 50% of the time at work I wear black with burgundy a close second. And will wear them for a more dressed up look when required. First loafer that ever fit me, and I thank you very much for encouraging me to keep trying to find a loafer that fits. Thanks bucksfan, and good luck with your temptation resistance. Looking forward to pics of what you select next... [​IMG]

11. jrarnold

jrarnold Well-Known Member

Never hurts to ask, I ordered mine last week :)

12. donjuan17

donjuan17 Senior member

Yes! Just pulled the trigger on a pair of Chili Lasalles from the Sale for $129!!
    It will be y first pair in the chili color. I already have too much Walnut in my rotation.

13. frogwash

frogwash Well-Known Member

Be careful following David's "advice". The unworn shoes for return is AE's actual return policy. Sometimes David infers things from stuff he's read online, but his comments aren't always factual. People have posted about about AE taking back shoes that were worn for some time, but this was due to extenuating/exceptional circumstances. Don't expect them to do so for everyone every time.

As for the stiff insoles, others have posted about the firmness being something that takes time to get used to if all you've ever had before are soft padded insoles. But this is something that is better that takes a little time to get used to and in the long run, you and your feet will like it better.

As to the sizing--you had stated that you tried on five pairs of PA's and these were the best, most comfortable. It sounds like the SA did take his time to ensure the correct fit and wasn't trying to just push the sale and get you out of there. These could very well be your correct size and it could very well be that it will go away after break in as the leather soften at the creases. While I really shouldn't be mentioning Birkenstocks in SF, when they are NEW, they ALWAYS rub the top of my toes and hurt/blister, but it also ALWAYS goes away after a little break in when the leather softens at the places where they flex from walking. While I can't swear that this will happen with yours, there's a good chance on this type of issue that it will.

14. paperfire

paperfire Member

Hey all, I just bought some shoe trees for my new shoes and I am worried if they are going to stretch my shoes. Do the shoe trees look to big or are they fine?

[​IMG]

15. tats

tats Active Member

Nice, I'm actually about to go the other way and buy a pair of walnut 5th Aves to co along with my Chili Hales

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.