Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I am trying to nail down my sizing in the Leeds and have a question. I recently received a pair of burgundy shells seconds in a D width and they felt a bit cramped in the toe box. I ordered a pair of E's to try which fit pretty well, but a bit loose in the heel. It is a fine line with me...
    Anyway I noticed that the burgundy Leeds have the black insoles and the black E width ones the white insoles. So my question is, have there been any recent styling changes to the Leeds or will this older D width fit the same? Part of the reason I ask is that the styling of the show looks quite different for the only difference being one width
    [​IMG]

2. tietherope

tietherope Senior member

I called a location. If there is a sale in the U.S. for X% off, it will also apply to Canadian stores. Of course prices are different though.

I also asked for the price of the burgundy calf skin dress belt and it is $148 here while it's $128 in the U.S.

3. Kai

Kai Senior member

It's an EE size.

I couldn't fit in the regular, and had to order the EE width to get a decent fit.

4. Kai

Kai Senior member

I didn't really go anywhere particularly rocky, just walking across a parking lot.

It's just the right shoe. The left shoe walked all the same places, and no rocks. The rubber on the left shoe seems normal hardness. Rubber on the right shoe super soft.

5. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

posted this in the suede thread but figured I'd get a faster response here. I read on the AE website that the the Neumoks run a half a size smaller than the regular shoes in this last such as the fifth avenue, park avenue and strands..

Can you guys shed some light as I'm gonna pick these guys up for casual wear

6. BARNFARM

BARNFARM Member

I picked up a pair of Park Avenues back in February and while polishing them a while back I noticed that the leather at the bottom of the right heel looks like it's splitting apart down by the sole

[​IMG]

I guess I kind of ignored it for a while (probably stupidly), but I noticed a similar issue on the left heel last week when I was polishing them again:

[​IMG]

Is this a quality issue or maybe a matter of buying a shoe made from a last that doesn't quite fit my foot right or something? Is it worth worrying about and potentially trying to get them exchanged? I noticed it after about 6 weeks of wearing them twice a week. Kind of seems like it shouldn't be happening.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  7. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

Contact AE, I bet it is a defect and they will take care of you. The heel rubber on my shoes are all pretty tough.

8. PK35216

PK35216 Senior member

+1 and well said.

9. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

It looks like its an issue during manufacture. Not sure it will ever affect the longevity of the shoe, though.

10. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

Nice shoes! There have been No changes to the last they use, just a change they made a couple years ago to the insole. Originally they went to a black insole because they had complaints that the tan insoles showed how pld and sweaty they were after some time. The, there was backlash to that change and they went back to tan... this all happened 2-3 years ago if i remember correctly. I have shoes with black insoles and others with the tan insoles. No difference in fit in my experience.

It sounds like you may be between sizes. Try the d width 1/2 size up and the e width 1/2 size down. Alternatively, wear thicker socks with the e width shoes you have.

11. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

Nice! I tried to get a pair of those about a year ago. Couldn't get the right size dialed in. Those really look great!

12. Subutai

Subutai Senior member

Great to know, thanks
    Did you get it special order? I tried it in E's and EEE's but didn't find an EE option.

13. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

Can anyone let me know what page of this thread the Allen Edmonds CEO gave his e-mail out on . Thanks.

14. shartmann

shartmann Senior member

15. gtvisa2002

gtvisa2002 Well-Known Member

To add, did they give what models will be included and what %?
    Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.