1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Distinguished Member

...like a boss. PA's don't have the black insole anymore? That sucks...

2. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Distinguished Member

Beautiful!

3. David Copeland

David Copeland Senior Member

Originally from Newport Beach - Now living in West
    [​IMG]
    From the Author of the Effortless Gent:

"A personal uniform is a set of looks you can turn to when times are tough, like when you’re late for work and staring at your closet, unsure of what to put on.

There are plenty of benefits to figuring out your own personal uniform, namely, not needing to think too hard about what to wear in the morning.

But also, having a personal uniform lends itself nicely to the idea of a Lean Wardrobe.

By the way, “personal uniform” doesn’t necessarily mean one singular outfit, but a set of pieces that you can mix and match to create similar looks that are consistent, day in and day out.

This is my idea of the perfect uniform, some days with a tie, some days without. If I had to choose one outfit the rest of my life, it would look a little something like this.

Why? It’s not too casual, not too dressy, and it would be appropriate for the majority of social situations I find myself in, save for the most formal and casual events.

4. MoneyWellSpent

Black insoles were discontinued across the board a couple of years ago due to the outcry that they were inferior quality.

5. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior Member

I find that a bit odd as well. AE now has a long wing blucher in pretty much every conceivable configuration (even a long wing chukka) and absolutely no active short wing bluchers. I'm a fan of LWB's, but I like short wing bluchers too.

6. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Distinguished Member

Maybe I'm in the minority, but personally I find short wings much more interesting than long wings. Obviously a LWB is a classic shoe, but to have a zillion models of them and no short wing bluchers seems strange. A shoe like the RL Marlow seems like a pretty essential shoe (to me anyway) and I was just surprised AE doesn't offer anything like that in cordovan or calf right now.

7. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Distinguished Member

I've said it before, but I think AE needs to introduce a shell shoe version of the Dalton. It would make a great short wing blucher.

8. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior Member

Apparently I missed the boat on these...and I was hoping they'd be on sale soon.

Yet they never went on sale and are nearly SOLD OUT!
    [​IMG]
    They only have size 9 left in these [​IMG]

It's pretty sweet they used the McTavish rough leather on the upper.

I'll bet there's nothing like Horween 'tween the toes.

9. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Distinguished Member

10. red81

red81 Senior Member

ordered 2 pairs of park avenues from zappos in different sizes...the 1 pair that fit had a loose stitch....had to return both. this was my 2nd and 3rd pair returned (1st one being due to improper sizing).

4th time's a charm?

11. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Distinguished Member

Awesome boot! A shoe version of that would be great.

12. Winston S.

Winston S. Distinguished Member

I'm actually not a big fan of the shortwing blucher as much as the shortwing oxford, semi-brogue, and the longwing. Coincidentally I am wearing my Marlow Wingtips today. I wish they were longwings instead.

I told my girlfriend the other day that I was throwing out the garbage (I was really disposing of a USPS box with a new pair of shoes) and she questioned why I was throwing the garbage out when there was none. You are indeed lucky.

I am just guessing, but I think most people only show one shoe when they take a picture like this because it takes up too much room to show the full pair.

13. hohneokc

hohneokc Distinguished Member

I had not realized that - I have some shortwing bluchers, but AE no longer makes them.

Hinsdale
    [​IMG]

Lombards
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Players
    [​IMG]

I didn't see any shortwing bluchers in the photos of upcoming Fall 2013 AE shoes. You bring up an interesting point. And I like shortwing bluchers.

Chris

14. MoneyWellSpent

All great looking shoes!

15. thecooldude33

thecooldude33 Active Member

[​IMG]

Here are the black Cliftons under bright tube lights. The Saphir wax is pretty amazing stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.