• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

reidrothchild

Reaction score
Any word on the boot sale that was supposed to start today? Models available and prices?

allaboutshoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was recently at their store in San Francisco, near Union Square.
While I tried on some shoes I talked to the salesman about the Mora and about how they should bring it back.
Curiously, he mentioned they're coming up with a new double monk on an entirely new last.
I know this sounds farfetched but he used the in-store computer to show me some pictures of the new double monk, curiously called "Neumora" and other shoes on the so called 333 Last.

He told me the double monk and other shoes on the new last should be coming out by february 2012.

I've searched google and SF and couldn't find any pictures.
Can anyone confirm this information?
Thanks.

AND THE FIRST LOOK AT THE NEW ALLEN EDMOND NEUMORA.....
IMG00836-20120123-1512.jpg

Once they become available online, they will be available through my AE sales thread in my signature (discounted of course) :slayer:. PM me for pre-orders

maulrat

Reaction score
Quick question: Can this Leather Lotion (No Color) be used on all of these shoes? Basically I have whats pictured and 1 brush.

Last edited:

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Once they become available online, they will be available through my AE sales thread in my signature (discounted of course) :slayer:. PM me for pre-orders

Those look a lot nicer than the old mora.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
I like how they just named it the Neumora (New Mora) :)

facet

Reaction score

+1 :slayer: That's fantastic to hear.

Last edited:

ElDave

Reaction score

Quite an improvement. Any idea on pricing?

Quick question: Can this Leather Lotion (No Color) be used on all of these shoes? Basically I have whats pictured and 1 brush.

The conditioner can be used on all three, but you should have separate brushes since those shades are very different. My brushes have all picked up the color of the shoe (some to more extent than others) but I certainly wouldn't want black rubbing off on walnut.

konoyaro

Reaction score

The center shoe looks like the "Elgin" from the Rough collection. AE's stance on the rough collection is that the shoes are only supposed to be treated with saddle soap. Here's the blurb from the product page:
"The Elgin and other shoes from the rough collection should be cared for with Allen Edmonds Saddle Soap and a soft flannel cloth. Given the nature and styling of the leather, we do not recommend traditional polishes or shines..."

maulrat

Reaction score
The center shoe looks like the "Elgin" from the Rough collection. AE's stance on the rough collection is that the shoes are only supposed to be treated with saddle soap. Here's the blurb from the product page:
"The Elgin and other shoes from the rough collection should be cared for with Allen Edmonds Saddle Soap and a soft flannel cloth. Given the nature and styling of the leather, we do not recommend traditional polishes or shines..."

Well thats confusing. The guy at the Local AE store gave me the lotion specifically for the Elgins...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads