1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadAboutPlaid

MadAboutPlaid Senior member

I wonder how long they will keep doing the 270's?

Can someone explain the 270s to me? I understand what they are, I just dont get the point.

2. JJGooden

JJGooden Senior member

3. meister

meister Senior member

I have a very nice pair of vintage burgundy Boulevards (c1980s?) which have a problem. Like a modern C&J hand grade they have a full leather sole.

Unfortunately it had hardened on the edges under the instep and has curled ever so slightly making the shoes (which are otherwise my fit 10.5E) very uncomfortable/impossible to wear.

Would an AE recraft solve the problem as my cobbler says he can't replace the inner sole?

4. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

5. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

Can someone explain the 270s to me? I understand what they are, I just dont get the point.

They are supposed to be sleeker. AE is one of the few companies that do 360 degree Goodyear welts. To some, this makes AE appear blobby.

6. JJGooden

JJGooden Senior member

There's some helpful information in this thread. Good luck!

Cool, thanks. Looks like a lot of people like them.

7. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

Hello all. I have an odd issue. I just received a pair of brown fifth avenues in size 6.5E. I noticed that they are significantly wider than my black park ave and walnut mcallisters in the exact same size. For example, the laces close all the way on this pair and the right shoe in particular is very roomy (some heel slippage).

What could account for this? Is there any way to fix it?

Sounds like they are on different lasts and you should probably go with a D width in this particular model. OTOH, sometimes heel slippage goes away as the soles are broken in and flex more.

8. gsgleason

gsgleason Senior member

The fifth ave, park ave, and mcallister are all on the #5 last.

Call their customer service line or take it back to the store.

9. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

^ Thanks, I couldn't check that at work as the AE site is blocked. [​IMG]

10. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

AE "Preston" Loafer in Cigar Shell Cordovan

[​IMG]

11. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Senior member

Just got a pair of Kenwoods, cigar shell cordovan, hand-stitched last on a JR sole. [​IMG]

12. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Just got a pair of Kenwoods, cigar shell cordovan, hand-stitched last on a JR sole. [​IMG]

From FStyles? [​IMG]

13. bourbonbasted

From FStyles? [​IMG]
    Yep. I was more intrigued by them than anything but I am far from disappointed. They feel great and look even better. Plus at that price for cordovan shell, let alone on a MTO shoe? It had to be done. [​IMG]

14. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Yep. I was more intrigued by them than anything but I am far from disappointed. They feel great and look even better. Plus at that price for cordovan shell, let alone on a MTO shoe? It had to be done. [​IMG]

He had two Kenwoods and a Preston. You and makewayhomer got the Kenwoods, and I got the Preston. Great deals!

15. bourbonbasted

He had two Kenwoods and a Preston. You and makewayhomer got the Kenwoods, and I got the Preston. Great deals!

So I suppose all I have to do now is make sure that I'm not caught standing next to makeyourwayhomer at a bar. [​IMG]

Enjoy the Prestons!

16. coreyaugustus

coreyaugustus Active Member

These are my new favorite shoes. McTavish.
    They're seconds, but I think the very nature of this style of shoe is to gain such blemishes that add character over time.

http://yfrog.com/z/h0pqiqzej

17. hrb

hrb Senior member

does anyone own the park ave's in the pebble grain walnut? or any ae's in the pebble grain walnut finish? i am considering snagging a pair on-line but haven't seen that finish in person. thanks guys.

18. Mr Pelican Pants

Mr Pelican Pants Well-Known Member

E is the cat's ass. I have a two-week rotation of AE's, consisting of McAlisters, Strands, Park Avenues and Fifth Avenues. I love them like they are my pets. Also, sometimes I strip naked in my office and rub myself with a shoe. It feels good.

19. facet

facet Senior member

I love them like they are my pets. Also, sometimes I strip naked in my office and rub myself with a shoe. It feels good.
    Lol, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one. Except I only do this with my PA's, I find the Broguing on my McAllisters chafe too much.

20. gamma1234

gamma1234 Senior member

AE is the cat's ass. I have a two-week rotation of AE's, consisting of McAlisters, Strands, Park Avenues and Fifth Avenues. I love them like they are my pets. Also, sometimes I strip naked in my office and rub myself with a shoe. It feels good.

Nice - I have the same 4 shoe rotation for AEs. However, I can't agree to doing anything else you mentioned in your post.

Mind sharing the colors for each?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.