Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Close Hoarse

Close Hoarse Senior member

You can order them from Allen Edmonds' site. $10 a pair with free shipping.
    CH

2. Argentium

Argentium New Member

Hi All,

I recently scored a great deal on a pair of burnished brown Sagamores. It was so good that I just had to register here so that I could gloat. I found these at a Harry Rosen outlet. They were beat up and scuffed like they had been kicking around on outlet shelves for months, but a couple of polishes and they look like new. The photo below is taken freshly polished after about a half-dozen wears. I own AEs in black, walnut, and merlot, but I have to say this brown is my favourite colour, it is deep and rich.

The price?

Wait for it......

$98.00 CAD. :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 27, 2013
  3. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Senior member

The saying is imitation is the best form of flattery. Well, After looking at these on here for a few days, I emailed Allison with the StyleForum SWAT @ AE, and asked about getting a pair for me. Indeed a great looking shoe. Enjoy yours, and I imagine when I get mine made, I too will enjoy mine.

4. JohnnyGalt

JohnnyGalt Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing when I saw the photo. I just had a MTO special Kenilworth with cappuccino shell and a double sole, and if it turns out like in the picture I think I'll be very happy.

5. ddgdl

ddgdl Well-Known Member

I must have missed this back a few pages. This is such a beautiful shoe. I am VERY tempted!

6. jbcohen

jbcohen Well-Known Member

I know close I am coming to that point where I have decided to order them from Allen Emonds. I have been debating the wisdom of putting my Cardells and my Evanders in shoe bags. The reason for my recent talk here. I'll get around to ordering them from Allen Emonds.

I have not had a chance to try out my new fiesols as yet since today is a holiday and I generally do not walk around in my best stuff at home, typically I wear my best stuff in the office and only the office.

7. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

Bravo, sir! I hope you derive as much satisfaction from them as I do.

And let's hope this experience is enough to convince Allen Edmonds that a full spec MTO program is both worthwhile and profitable.

8. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Senior member

This will be my second MTO. The other is a shell cordovan. With all that I have sen on here of all the SF members ordering thanks to Mr. Grangaard's special offer, I imagine it has to cause some pause to think about how they can make a MTO program that works for the customer yet is profitable for AE.

9. jbcohen

jbcohen Well-Known Member

Whats an MTO program?

10. Apollotrader

Apollotrader Senior member

This is just a hint of what is to come gentlemen. With the current changes in manufacturing of many of the things we buy, hand crafted from artisans with customization is the only thing that will separate the men from the boys. Look around you can see it coming everywhere in high end retail. A full blown craftsman Renaissance is in the first maybe the top of the second inning. I expect to see many lines offering full customization over just the next few months. I worked at Piper when Paul G was there. he is not a stupid guy, and he HATES to lose, he will be on this train.

Last edited: May 27, 2013
  11. Nick V.

Nick V. Senior member Dubiously Honored

Very true I have been seeing that more and more over the last 2 years in my business.

12. facet

facet Senior member

Made to order

13. snoop146290

snoop146290 New Member

Very keen eyes. I did have a vibram sole added locally in nyc, although it is quite thin relative to the sole.

14. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

My next pair of Allen Edmonds is in the pipeline - a 6-8 week pipeline! I ordered the walnut grain MacNeil as I do not have a longwing.

If you have any good photos of the walnut grain MacNeils, could you post them here to help me pass the time. The AE website photos are OK, but I know there are better photos out there. Kentyman's photos of the bourbon Strand put me over the edge on that shoe!

Chris

15. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

[​IMG]

My Tan Suede Neumoks, these are seconds that have some sign of defect- most notably the wear on the left vamp. They may look darker than usual, that's because they were just sprayed with protectant waterproofer.

I have yet to take these out for ride as they are my wedding shoe. 22 days until I can put these bad boys on, can't wait!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.