1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

I think the discount is typically 14.92%.

2. tietherope

tietherope Senior member

Which would make the shoes that always come in brown cordovan cheaper than the webgem. If you want the Jefferson though it's the webgem or nothing I believe.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  3. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

The pair that started all of my mad shoe collecting. The AE Players Shoe in Walnut Calf.

[​IMG]

-Mike

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. RedLeg

RedLeg Senior member

5. evolved

evolved Senior member

For those of you that might own two of the same model shoe, one in calfskin & one in shell, do you change the size? I know that with shell versions tend to be a bit roomier, but is it enough to warrant a size change?

{apologies for all of the questions lately}

6. spitshine123

spitshine123 Senior member

7. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

Someone was inquiring about the pair of Chocolate Suede Amoks in 9.5 a few days ago. Please PM me. I am not going to post this in the B&S thread since this is a "not for profit" sale: I could pass them to the good hands at the paid price: $99+tax+actual shipping cost. These are brand new "firsts" purchased from ShoeBank a few months ago. I will keep them for a few days and send them back to the Shoebank if there's no interest.

8. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

I guess i'll be passing this time around on the deal.

For Toronto members, I didn't realize that the BAY at eatons was selling Allen Edmonds now. It's a bit higher in price compared to Harry Rosen and Robert Jones for AE's but hey it's an option.

1 person likes this.
  9. tietherope

tietherope Senior member

Wow, really? Which styles?

10. cbtaylor

cbtaylor Senior member

I wear same size. They feel different, but not to the point of sizing being different. More so just the structure

11. MKJ1

MKJ1 Active Member

Thanks for the confirmation.

12. SBear

SBear Senior member

I received the 2 for $250 list for size 10D this morning. If anyone wants it, just PM me with an e-mail address and I'll forward the e-mail from the shoebank.

13. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

I saw a guy trying on the Park avenue's. On display they had the Delray's. I''ll be sure to ask them if they carry more styles.

I believe Harry Rosen sells the PA for $350 and the Bay is selling them for $375. It's on the second floor in the white space, I work right across eaton's :slayer:

14. MKJ1

MKJ1 Active Member

I had to size down in length, and up in width relative to my true size on the 5 last.
    Quote:
    Same results as poster above. The shells fit just slightly larger, but not enough to warrant a change in size for me. Tongue pad, or thin insole makes up for the extra volume. Of course results vary depending on your feet and how you want your shoes to fit. I've had sizing issues and have learned a lot on this thread, but in the end nothing beats trying on the shoes if you can

15. evolved

evolved Senior member

Thanks, gents!

16. johnybutts

johnybutts New Member

When does 2 for 250 begin?

17. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

Tonight at midnight :)
    Seriously though, as soon as the stores get open (10am if you are on the East Coast).

18. drbhrb

drbhrb Well-Known Member

Conversely, I feel the rolls give them a youthful causal look instead of the stodgy conservative look of the patriots.

19. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

Just purchased my seventh pair of AE shoes. I'm so thankful I found this thread on this forum in 2009. AE has some great sales on seconds. Anyways, the Daltons were loose in the heel at first. I wore some thicker socks which helped. Still a sexy pair of shoes that will look great with jeans, chinos, or a suit. Plus, its just a perfect time to wear and buy them since Fall is around the corner.

20. Kap120

Kap120 Senior member

Will these be listed on some site or do we have to call into locations to get them? Sorry, this is my first time with one of these sales.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.