1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Distinguished Member

2. phototristan

phototristan Distinguished Member

just buy any brand of shoe trees and then do this:

3. Fabian43

Fabian43 Senior Member

I believe. AE used Woodlore for their shoe trees. I picked up 4 sets of Woodlore trees at my local Nordstrom Rack for $12.90 a piece.

4. Fabian43

Fabian43 Senior Member

Do what?

5. JermynStreet

JermynStreet Senior Member

Shell Patriots in L.A.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. jbcohen

jbcohen Well-Known Member

Do I need to put heal plates on the heel's of my new Allen Edmond shoe's to prevent wear and tear to the heel's?

7. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Distinguished Member

I wouldn't. Replacing heels is not very expensive.

8. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior Member

Flip the plate over, showing only bare silver rather than whatever manufacturer / store's name is on them.

Beautiful - great start to the long weekend.

You don't need to, and many including me don't... but if you walk a lot or in such a way as to wear down the heel quickly, it may be a good investment.

9. rydenfan

rydenfan Distinguished Member

no, you do not

10. JohnnyGalt

JohnnyGalt Well-Known Member

Just got the invoice for my own MTO shoes today. I went with a cappuccino shell Kenilworth with a double JR sole and also made my own version of Foo's oneshoe. I got a burgundy shell MacNeil made on the 5-65 last without the split reverse welt, but with the double JR sole. Adding those to my black Park Aves, brown Strands, and burgundy shell Randolphs. I think my next order is going to be a pair of brown shell Dundees, unless anyone else has some suggestions. I think I have most of my bases covered between black stitch cap, brown brogue, burgundy shell longwing, brown shell PTB and burgundy shell loafers, but I'm curious if there are any other "must-have" shoes that I'm missing. A brown punch-cap maybe? Any ideas?

11. jd13jd13

jd13jd13 Senior Member

If I have a bit of heel slippage and some room by the toes in 6.5E McTav's (but not enough of either to change sizes) is it safe to assume that in dressier 5 last shoes I should keep the same size? Would getting a BB model make a difference?

Last edited: May 24, 2013

12. BCer

BCer Senior Member

[​IMG]

I've got a little bit of cap-creasing going on here on my Strands. Absolutely LOVE the shoes, and the fit has been confirmed by Nordstrom fitting (no AE store anywhere near me). They feel comfy, certainly in length. If anything, still a bit tight in width, but nothing worrisome and only been worn half a dozen times, so likely not fully broken in. I'm not worried about the cap-creases, but is it normal? SHOULD I be concerned? Thanks everyone!

13. ClambakeSkate

ClambakeSkate Senior Member

Does anyone know if they sell the shoe trees in AE stores at the same price as online? 2 for $40? How about brushes, polishes, etc?

Or, on the other hand, does anyone know if Nordstrom Rack sells the full toe Woodlore trees? Or only the split/combination?

Thanks!

14. charliebrown2

charliebrown2 Senior Member

I would assume AE stores would be willing to price match their website.

I've only seen the split-toe shoe trees at nordstrom, never the full

15. shartmann

shartmann Senior Member

My local AE store (Denver, CO) sells the shoe trees for the same 2 for $40 deal. They also have a full line of shoe care products and even sell some things like Venetian Shoe Cream that you cannot get online. I mention the store as it may be specific to location. I was in the Denver store a month or so ago, and they had a selection of shoes on sale but not the entire collection. This matched exactly what was listed on line. The next day I was in the AE store in New Orleans, and they had all of their shoes on sale, including shell.

I've never seen full toe trees at my local Rack, and I usually try and look for them when I go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.