• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottyBoy920

Reaction score
Yes, Kristle confirmed that when I asked her. Its faster than shipping it back.

Also, does anyone have pics of the chocolate or snuff amoks in person? The amazon ones are terrible
Really, they can be returned to a regular retail store?!

timjax

Reaction score
Just bought my first (and second!) pairs of Allen Edmonds. After much research, AE still seemed like the best buy for shoes at under $200 (Clearance section on their site). I got the Lubbock (Single Monk strap) in Chestnut and the Regent Street in Black; $197 each. Without further ado here's a quick pic!

Last edited:

ScottyBoy920

Reaction score
Just bought my first (and second!) pairs of Allen Edmonds. After much research, AE still seemed like the best buy for shoes at under $200 (Clearance section on their site). I got the Lubbock (Single Monk strap) in Chestnut and the Regent Street in Black; $197 each. Without further ado here's a quick pic!

Both look great. I just got the Regent Street in Chili. You should have purchased back when they were running an additional 15% off. Oh well, enjoy the great shoes.

GOP Shoe Guy

Reaction score
Is it appropriate to wear the macneil while working at a architect/designer office? Thanks
Absolutely. As an architect and designer, I would think it is expected you have a sense of style.

timjax

Reaction score

Both look great. I just got the Regent Street in Chili. You should have purchased back when they were running an additional 15% off. Oh well, enjoy the great shoes.

Haha yeah, I saw that the sale had only recently finished when buying, but figured I might as well buy them. They are both amazing shoes, have to break in the leather soles fast due to the slick nature of it. They are truly beautiful for a pair of shoes. Popping them out for church tomorrow! God bless! :)

hollyb

Reaction score

I don't have the RL Saunders but do have the tan RL Sanderson, so maybe this comparison will be helpful. The Sanderson is more tan than the Strands, which have more of an orange hue. In addition, the Sanderson has more burnishing so the toes are darker. My guess is if I cleaned and polished both pair the same way the colors would become similar over time. I really like the Saunders and actually ordered it in brown a few months ago (as seconds from AE). But I was sent the brown Sanderson by mistake, and then all the Saunders were sold out. This line from RL is really nice, and the brown pair was in perfect condition so I ended up keeping them. Strand (left) vs RL Sanderson. Here is my entire walnut/tan lineup. From left: shell Dalton, Jefferson, Strand, RL Sanderson. The Jeffersons are right out of the box as I just got them today. They are seconds, I think mainly due to the uneven burnishing and some wrinkled leather on the sides. They appear a bit darker than the strands, and also with heavier burnishing. For those that were asking about differences, one other item that I had not heard mentioned before is that they came with thicker shoe laces. I don't know if that's better or not, they look nice but need to see if they stay tied.
Nice line up Shartmann. Can you please share how the RL Sanderson fit compares to the AE Strand and what size/width are both shoes? I've been meaning to purchase a pair of Sanderson but I am a not sure about the size/width. I got some feedback from a few people here previously on the same question, I'm trying to get as much info on fit before I make the purchase. I am told it fits similar to the AE last #5 however i should go up a width... is this your experience as well? Thanks.

DerangedGoose

Reaction score
I ordered the brown Sanderson, Kristle said they are similar to the 2 last but she doesn't know for sure

rickrone

Reaction score
what would you say would be the best pair of allen edmonds to wear with shorts?

rickrone

Reaction score
you should of gotten the regent street in brown instead.

rickrone

Reaction score
I have BB black fifth ave & cole haan light brown walnut wing tip oxfords here is a pic: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-COLE-HA...58?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&var=&hash=item41729c7132

I just ordered a pair of dark brown AE fifth ave, or should i return those and get different pair of dark brown shoes?

I think i need a pair of dark brown shoes to cover my navy and dark gray suits.
I have the light brown to cover my lighter suits, and my black shoes to cover my black suits.

what do you think?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads