• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kentyman

Reaction score
Is that 15% off, say, the 159 for the brooks seconds models? I emailed the shoe bank and they gave me a price list but it didnt mention anything about 15% off. Is there a way I can get in touch with them over the phone?

No, it's 15% off anything that's not featured on this list or already marked down because they're Closeouts. The $159 for Brooks Brothers or Ralph Lauren models does not get an extra 15% off.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need to stop. STAHP AE.

Stop putting ridiculously great shoes on sale!
Saunders and Sanderson in Snuff Suede on the way...

WiredandTired

Reaction score
The Saunders are definitely more narrow than most AE lasts. I have been wearing mine now for a couple months now and they are definitely cramped even with the breakin compared to my other AE shoes. Def TTS or up in width.

About the same as 5 last? I've come to the realization that I'm firmly in the E width territory. I have to choose my sizes more wisely or be content with going up in sizes and beating narrow shoes into submission. For 5 Last I think I need to go into EE to get the most comfortable fit. Its really a bummer as EE isn't a commonly used size, which means less seconds and more custom orders.

BCer

Reaction score
Curious how these fit? Are they narrow or roomy? Any need to size up compare to other AE shoes?
I wear 11.5D in Strands, McTavish and Neumoks. Got a screaming deal on Daltons in 12D, and while the ball of my foot is snug, I have heel slippage which is annoying. With the Saunders in 11.5D they fit perfectly...if anything, a little snug around the balls of my feet. But length is great and almost zero heel slippage. If anything, I tie them loosely to avoid cutting into the top of my feet. TTS if you ask me. In McTavish and Neumoks I also get a bit of tightness at the 'ends' of my small toes, but no such tightness in the Saunders because of the rounder toe box, I guess.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

dcinitial

Reaction score
Saunders are def more narrow than the 5 last. I would try the saunders in 3E like masernaut mentioned. I'm a 11 E and wish I had gone with a 11 EEE or 10.5 EEE

Saunders in snuff suede sounds really really tempting... damn it Masernaut!

OptoDoc

Reaction score
Walnut and Bourbon Strands, walnut Cliftons.
The bourbon is actually much darker than walnut, which is a surprise to me.

(The walnut strand is 5 months old.)

Best picture I've seen since this ol' beauty from patrick_b...

OptoDoc

Reaction score
I was looking at NM website last night and it recommends sizing down a 1/2 of the Clifton. Anyone have experience to confirm if this is correct.

I have the same size in the Clifton and Vernon (both 8 last, though the Vernon is a balmoral). The Clifton does fit a bit looser even when tightened quite a bit, so I think I could have easily gone with a 1/2 size down and been fine.

kentyman

Reaction score
Anyone want to chime in on this? What was that plain toe oxford that was suitable for black tie?

Allen Edmonds (@AllenEdmonds) tweeted at 11:22 AM on Thu, May 16, 2013:
If we were to re-introduce a retired style...what #AERetiredStyles should we consider?
(https://twitter.com/AllenEdmonds/status/335067689636732928)

Last edited:

OptoDoc

Reaction score
^

I don't have a Twitter, but if I did, I'd request they bring back the Bayfield, Hale and Evanston.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
Chiming in with the Westgate. AE really needs to offer wholecuts once more. The Berkley was a nice wholecut, too...

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^

I don't have a Twitter, but if I did, I'd request they bring back the Bayfield, Hale and Evanston.
AE still makes the Bayfield for Lands End. Evanston and soho are great suggestions. I'm also partial to an old version of the Clifton, which was an 8 last balmoral with a well placed cap toe line.

guasc1

Reaction score
Question:

If you had to pick a shoe that represents the spirit, the history, the tradition and the uniqueness of Allen Edmonds, what model would it be?
In other words, which model of Allen Admonds IS Allen Edmonds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads