1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rickrone

rickrone Well-Known Member

I own the black fifth ave. I want to buy 2-3 shoes because of the sale, what should i get. I need a brown pair for my suits and i need a casual pair to where with khakis. i don't were jeans much. any suggestions? should i get the dark brown fifth ave to wear with my suits?

2. Bzack

Bzack Active Member

I thought the Presidio was on the #2 last. It's the Brooks Brothers loafer with the combo sole. Unless I'm confused and mistaken, which I've been known to be both.

It's these on the BB website. I got them as seconds from AE.

Last edited: May 13, 2013

3. carlos20co

carlos20co Senior Member

I also have a pair of Fifth Street boots on the #5 last and those don't have that bump. That's why it surprised me when I put on my Mcallisters. It's good to know that it will go down over time. I like them a lot.

4. David Copeland

David Copeland Senior Member

Originally from Newport Beach - Now living in West

5. kentyman

kentyman Senior Member

Welp, I only lasted 2.5 months; both the Finches and the Sheltons are on their way, along with a Center Fielder. If I keep all three, that'll be 12 pairs of Allen Edmonds in not so many months. I'm really enjoying upping my shoe game, but also realizing that I'm going to have to slow it down here soon...

6. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Distinguished Member

Could be. I'm not familiar with the BB's lasts.

7. kentyman

kentyman Senior Member

If it makes you feel any better, extensive broguing/perfing/pinking/etc. could certainly be described as "Extravagant, complex, or bizarre, especially in ornamentation".

8. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Senior Member

I jumped on a pair of Burgundy Shell Cordovan Daltons with the special sale that began today. $466.I think they retail for $695. So not a bad deal at all. Vincenzo said the flaw he could see was a small ding in the shoe, less than a 1/4" I think I can live with that. I also got a pair of MLB Yankees white with red stitching for $19.That was cheap... Looking forward to getting them both.

9. masernaut

masernaut Senior Member

Looks like the end of a tiny screwdriver. If you want to get in there, a tiny screwdriver will do just fine.

10. Tardis

Tardis New Member

Allen Edmonds shoes have become a "hobby" for me. I'm up to 13 pairs! I trust my local "shoe expert" to keep them looking good.
    Favourites are Wendell's - Proudly wearing black and brown ones. The quality and value-for-dollar are amazing.

Oh, and yes, I did get a brand new pair at the local Good Will for 22.50!

11. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Distinguished Member

It is on the 2 last and so is that BB model, the latter of which i recently tried on. The fit was positively miserable. Just terrible.

12. Bzack

Bzack Active Member

I don't think that I can try anything else in the 2 last, it's just an odd fit for my foot.

I just got my return label from Adam. He's been really helpful when I purchase shoes from the Brookfield store. I'm thinking of trying the McGraw's in Walnut. Does anyone have experience with the 4 (234) last? I do have a pair of Cortlands and I think they are on the 4 last as well but I think it might be the 4 (444) last. Not sure of the difference besides what is stated on the website. More squared off toe and flatter in the toe area.

I really want to get a loafer in Walnut and that is about the only one that I can find from them that is available in my size.

13. AmericanGent

AmericanGent Senior Member

You can find the tiny cotton swabs in the baby section of your local store. We have them for our kids and I steal them for my brogueing from time to time. Usually the pencil brush from AE is enough.

14. g-banger

g-banger Senior Member

Finally got around to posting a pic of my AE strands, i purchased the Walnut strands at the start of the year and found the colour to be a little too light in my opinion.

So after several mid brown and dark brown coats i think its safe to say its in a colour i now prefer and can match more with.

I hope it assits anyone who is on the fence with darken walnut shoes.

[​IMG]

15. Veridis

Veridis Well-Known Member

Nice! I have the walnut strands, and recently ordered bourbon ones. It is the favorite model out of all the AE shoes.
    I discovered people have been darkening the walnut strands by themselves.. However, you can't just switch between walnut and bourbon in an instant, so having two pairs makes sense. I just hope the colors are not too close! Will post photos when I get them.

Does anyone own both walnut and bourbon in the same model?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.