1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jch1

jch1 Senior member

I was thinking the same, but I abandoned that idea for an even better (IMO) strand makeup. I would say a standard brown sole would work. Chili may be too much red.

2. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

What's the better makeup?

3. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Senior member

Thanks for the kind words, CI. I wouldn't even have these bucks if it weren't for you.

Those are some nice looking specks. Certainly wish I were fishing and sharing a beer with you rather than treating what seems to be an epidemic of conjunctivitis today.

1 person likes this.
  4. LeviMay

LeviMay Senior member

Had to Google that. Gross.

I hope you have a cold gin waiting for you when you're done.

5. Roycru

Roycru Senior member

Quote:

Apparently Bourbon is just Walnut leather, burnished or polished with a darker color? WTF, I can't match the color on these- if I use Walnut overall it will lighten them, if I use Brown it will darken them- if I use Neutral it won't fill any scuffs.

Suggestions?!?"

I use AE Cleaner-Conditioner, Neutral Polish, and Neutral Carnuba Wax on my Bourbon Park Avenues. When there are scuffs, I use my black shoe brush, which burnishes the scuff as well as making the shoes "more Bourbon".

6. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Anyone own the Sheltons in a single color? I think a pair in all cappuccino or dark brown cordovan could be really nice looking

7. wurger

wurger Senior member

The rubber is very thin, not noticeable at all, it does wear down to leather, but they last a long time, and can be replaced by a cobbler.

8. delmar

delmar Senior member

It looks like they've dropped the price on the new Mojave chukkas. $295.00, I think they were $350.00 just a week ago. The olive ones look nice but I'm not crazy about crepe soles--they seem to soak up oil and grime like a sponge. But I'll go try on a pair before I pass final judgement.

I got my new Voyagers yesterday. Very comfortable, I'd walk the Inca Road in them.

9. masernaut

masernaut Senior member

Ahh, beautiful rainbows! I wish I lived closer to the countryside where there are more opportunities to fish. I do not live close to a lake. Fishing is my favourite past-time and I have missed it greatly.

10. drbhrb

drbhrb Well-Known Member

I was able to order Dalton's in chili back from when they were web gems as second - $199. Can't wait until they show up

11. SBear

SBear Senior member

Does anyone have the Portland boot? How does it fit (3 last, 333); e.g., vs PA/Strand?

12. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

It's a brand new boot. It was available, then pulled from the site and only out back up within the last few days. I don't think anyone has it in the hands yet

13. evolutionofRW

evolutionofRW Senior member

In appreciation of the current sale on RLs, here are mine after a few months of wear. I purchased them the last time the Shoebank had a sale and was actually looking to buy a pair of saunders this time around but unfortunately they didn't have the color I wanted.

[​IMG][/quote

Wait...the current AE sale that is going on includes shoes that they made for RL? My local AE outlet only carries the AE X Brooks Brothers callabos. How do I inquire about the AE RL's? Do I call the shoe bank?

14. spitshine123

spitshine123 Senior member

15. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Nothing written on this thread could be more true! All the best to you fortunate calf-loving souls... [​IMG]

16. jasonmx3

jasonmx3 Senior member

I think it's been asked by others before but the answers didn't seem that clear, how do the RL Sanderson fit compared to the AE 5-last shoes. I'm an 11D/E in the 5 last. Thanks!

17. jch1

jch1 Senior member

I received a catalog today from ae that was advertising their clothing options. I must say, as much as I love their shoes, the clothing doesn't do it for me. They did have a few pictures of the new shoe offerings for the fall which looked nice.

18. spitshine123

spitshine123 Senior member

They are a tad shorter than the 5 last, but much narrower. I would just go up one width.

19. jasonmx3

jasonmx3 Senior member

^^Thanks, Spitshine. Looking at your pics, I though I'd try to see if they have any Sandersons at the shoe bank.

20. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

So what is the process for getting a hold of the BB and RL collabs? Calling an outlet and asking what is available?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.