Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zchen

zchen Senior member

2. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

I like renovateur and use it regularly but sparingly. I just bought a new jar in April which replaced a jar purchased in Aug 2011.

3. polojock615

polojock615 Senior member

What's wrong with California? I can hike through the back bay in Huntington Beach and get just as dirty! (OK, maybe not....)

4. AdamAdam

AdamAdam Senior member

I just unboxed a new pair of merlot McAllister firsts today and I don't see the ridge on the caps on mine. Did they send you the same pair in return? If I was being uber-anal about mine I guess maybe I could see what you're talking about but the burnishing on mine cover 99% of the wing with maybe a slight fade but nothing I would ever notice if I wasn't looking for it. Is yours a physical ridge or just color? See mine below...

[​IMG]

5. guasc1

guasc1 Well-Known Member

Good evening gentlemen,
    My wife and I are planning a weekend in Manhattan in June.
    Any suggestion on must-visit stores?
    Shoes in primis, but I'm open to any kind of suggestion. I'll be walking around with a 3 old hurricane (my daughter) so not much desire for big department stores.
    Thank you for your help!
    Max

6. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Senior member

Agree hard to tell the samples I was sent it looks just like the walnut but I seem so many variations of walnut

7. David Copeland

David Copeland Senior member

Originally from Newport Beach - Now living in West
    You're a champ!

Looks like Cold Iron did a great job on taking care of his "boots int he wild" after all.

Thanks for your research (and thank you Cold Iron for your patience)

David

(Living in Montana where there are fewer born-in-Montana folks versus all of the draftees) [ wink ]

[​IMG]

8. Subutai

Subutai Senior member

What's your budget and what are you looking for? Off the bat I'd say definitely stop by Leffot and Bergdorf Goodman, but really any brand you could be interested in has a brick and mortar here in the city. Allen Edmonds has four I think. Alden also has a shop.

9. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

The Alden shop is quaint to say the least. Just a small, unassuming, old school shop. It seemed like there was an AE store on every corner when I was there. Leffot is a great shop with a well edited collection of shoes/boots. Just be careful if you go there first you budget will be blown in five minutes. JM Weston and John lobb also have store fronts as well as Crockett and Jones. I'm going to manhattan next month already salivating(saving). Might swing by turnbull and asser as well.

Last edited: May 12, 2013

10. David Copeland

David Copeland Senior member

Originally from Newport Beach - Now living in West
    Sand is probably hard on AE Boots - given it is from ROCK. I can just see the pitted leather toes.

[​IMG]

11. polojock615

polojock615 Senior member

I can see Jack's garage! I usually surf a little to the north, at Bolsa Chica. It's a good longboard beach.

12. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

And hit the Ralph Lauren Mansion. They have shoes for both RL and RRL that are made by AE, C&J, Cheaney, and some small bootmakers in the US and Italy. Some shoes you can't see anywhere but at the main store.

13. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Thanks. Got busy with work... also tried to avoid any tempting sales talk. I saw this great post in the Hanger Project thread. I don't know if Ketawa ever posts here, but take a look at what he did with his Delrays. They look fantastic! Thought I'd quote this, given the Delray vs. Lasalle talk around the upcoming sale:

14. kentyman

kentyman Senior member

Thanks so much for this. I was definitely given a different pair, as the difference in pinking stitching is night and day. The pinking on yours looks flawless from what I can tell, and at the very least well within my threshold.

As for a toe cap ridge, I agree I barely see some semblance of a ridge on yours, but wouldn't think twice about throwing those on my feet and breaking them in by (attempted) moonwalking on the sidewalk. Mine, sadly, have a physical ridge, and the darker burnishing seems to be merely a function of that.

15. Fabian43

Fabian43 Senior member

A few days ago I posted that I received 15% off Amoks but that was before the staff realized clearance was not part of the sale. I've been asked by J'Ville store to let everyone know that 15% off is not available for clearance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.