Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

That was my first thought too, there should be a stamp on the bottom of the tree that says M. And an epic M should measure 11" from end to end. Those certainly look like a small. I use a lot of Epics but also split and full trees. Woodlore makes AE trees and is owned by AE, it is right across the street from the AE factory according to someone that I spoke to at AE. Used to get mine for ~$22 from Cedarville with free shipping when they had sales but now that Cedarville is no longer around as of a couple of weeks ago I will have to source from someplace else.

2. alladin

alladin Senior member

Hi,

I wanted to ask if the AE Dundee chukka is similar in shape to Tricker's 'Winston' chukka?

[​IMG]

3. David Copeland

David Copeland Senior member

Originally from Newport Beach - Now living in West
    Excellent investment (I should know)

I have the same shoe and color - except mine are the 1999 version of the Sanford (which the only difference are the amount of eyelets). I was able to purchase three of the same color and style for a total of $298 at the time - and to this day they look as sharp as yours.

What color Edge Dressing Polish do you use - and what brand?

David

4. David Copeland

Someone was asking if this AE shoe was still available.

Answer: Yes - depending on size, and only $223.00 at Brooks Brothers USING A 25% OFF COUPON CODE OF fnfbb6

Link: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Allen...var_MH00129_Color=LTBR&contentpos=2&cgid=0522

ALL OTHER AE SHOES ARE 25% OFF, using the same coupon fnfbb6:

Go here:

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/mens/shoes/0522,default,sc.html?prefn1=collection&prefv1=Allen Edmonds

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ALL OTHER AE SHOES ARE 25% OFF, using the same coupon fnfbb6:

Go here:

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/mens/shoes/0522,default,sc.html?prefn1=collection&prefv1=Allen Edmonds

Last edited: May 11, 2013
  5. David Copeland

Yes, I returned shoes to AE using their free UPS label. When they received the shoes on Monday, my replacements were shipped the following Wednesday. (Same works for refunds that take 48 hours)

Track your package.

6. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

I don't know.. this sounds like the kind of thing that should be disclosed to the bride before getting married. How much are you planning to spend after the wedding? :nest:

7. David Copeland

Maybe not tuck the whole jean in . . .

But, you can certainly cuff them - or (see last photo)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    You can make sure your jean length is of a measurement to show off the entire boot when sitting!

8. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

I struggled with the Epics when I tried them. They do run short and very wide. I tried two sizes and gave up. But a lot of people swear by them, so I think it's a matter of foot/shoe size. (There was also a size labeling issue, but I thought it had been resolved.)

The ones that work well for me are the Washburns. http://www.onecedarlane.com/detail.php?id=105&catid=2&sort=

But it's definitely at YMMV type thing. You just have to experiment.

9. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

I just noticed this. What happened to them?

10. icarus8

icarus8 New Member

Registered to ask this question, although I have followed this thread for a while now - where are these bayfields coming from? I always wanted some (preferably seconds/discounted - I narrowly missed them when they were a discontinued style the first time I got in on a shoe bank sale and I have wanted them badly ever since!).

Someone referenced "paul's deal"? But I tried searching for what that was within the thread to no avail. Can anyone give me the details?

Thanks!

11. David Copeland

Personal Opinion Only:

If Allen Edmond boots and shoes were constitutionally protected in the same manner as children - some owners would be imprisoned for abuse, and their boots placed in a foster home for better treatment.

Uppers of boots showing consistent long-term neglect over the span of years could have been easily maintained between jaunts and excursions with some loving care. The overall time invested can be as little as 10 minutes. Socks which appear to have been maintained with exceptional care do not correct the terrible appearance and condition a man may permit his treasured boots to suffer through.

We are all stewards of great possessions. And with that stewardship comes the responsibility to care for them - whether children or mere Allen Edmond Boots that may be a size off.

I have been mildly guilty myself in lapses of maintaining my AE shoes. My rationalization may have been that a very good polish would last a few weeks - but to my embarrassment at times, the colleagues I worked with on a daily basis would gradually out-shine my lot as the days wore on. Hence, I was converted to a better discipline, and I now enjoy the fruits of an investment that will last longer than my years on this planet.

Aside, even if I was offered a 10 year no-questions-asked return policy from AE, there comes a moral moment where I would have to ask if I am treating others as I would want to be treated in return.

David

12. David Copeland

The official Allen Edmonds Cedar trees are very hard to beat for net price delivered.

Buy two sets and:

Get free shipping

And your price is $19.50 each delivered!

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF610_1_40000000001_-1

Or buy one pair for $24.95 delivered!

OR NORDSTROMS for 19.95 with free shipping:
    http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/nordstr...m_sp=personalizedsort-_-searchresults-_-1_1_C

13. David Copeland

That one jar should have lasted you quite a while. With little dabs I use - I wonder if it will be a year before I reorder.

Your shoes in the photo look exceptional.

14. David Copeland

You can choose to take care of the leather, and wear them. If later they appear to be getting worse, a refund or exchange would be available.

15. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

After the wedding I believe all bets are off! Her money is my money and frankly that means I have more money = more shoes!

She works in the fashion industries and understands the need to look good, so she supports my shoe habit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.