1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veridis

Veridis Well-Known Member

Next time just use a wall for the background, and an on camera flash, pointed to the ceiling at an angle which lets the light come down in an angle towards the shoes. XD

2. Fabian43

Fabian43 Senior Member

Just picked up grey long branch now thinking of pulling the trigger on bison Yuma. Brannick has me at 10D, any Yuma owners comment of sizing?

3. AmericanGent

AmericanGent Senior Member

I really prefer the Hamptons over the other AE spectator styles. I think it is because the white is so prominent.

I've been getting a lot of wear on mine this summer. It seems like spectators are enjoying a nice renaissance at the moment. Let's hope they don't come back "in fashion", that will ruin the fun.

Last edited: May 10, 2013

4. shartmann

shartmann Senior Member

Those look really nice, and I like the blue colored socks with walnut shoes. I've never tried that before.

5. shartmann

shartmann Senior Member

Great story. Along these lines, I wish AE offered a "discrete packaging" service. Allow you to pick what you want the box to say, like REI or Amazon. My wife and kids go on and on every time an Allen Edmonds box gets delivered. Sometimes I think I would get less grief if it just had a big Playboy label on it.

6. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Distinguished Member

You have shamed your wife and your dear mother-in-law. And all of this on Mother's Day weekend.

You are an awful person. :D

7. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Distinguished Member

Thanks! I have really enjoyed them.

8. sevenfoldtieguy

Do you have a business address you could use? :)

9. jmon22

jmon22 Member

Just got back from Jeffersonville.....

Monica went so above and beyond to help me out. I was amazed. I was there for more than an hour digging through boxes.

Ended up with a pair of brown v-tread Patriots that were a sales sample for 129, and a black and chili pair of Delrays for 129 each (They are matching the LaSalle price since they are basically the same shoe.)

My first pair(s) of AE's, and I could not be more pleased with the experience, price, and product.

Phones were ringing the whole time but feel free to call in now that I have mine :)

edit: also cannot see a single thing wrong with any pair... maybe a few tiny scuffs on the leather, but they will look 10x worse after the first time that I wear them.

10. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior Member

Have yet to be in an actual Shoe Bank.

What is the experience like? Do they let you pick through the selection to find the best quality and best looking shoe?

Any horror stories of really bad looking shoes?

11. sevenfoldtieguy

It would be hard to find someone more pleasant to deal with. :nodding:

12. jmon22

jmon22 Member

They had displays set up but only for the Memorial Day featured items. The back of the store was just shelves full of boxed shoes arranged by size. There were also more in the back that she was able to grab for me. A little daunting at first as I have never even seen a pair of AE's before today, but once she measured my feet and I started trying on shoes, the experience was great.

Pick through whatever you want. The only bad pair I saw was a pair of Delrays where the leather on the top of the shoe was all crinkled where the shoe bends. Probably would look like that after a while anyways. She was debating on whether or not to throw them in the damaged pile or not so you aren't going to find any shoes that are incredibly beat up or anything.

13. khe86

khe86 Senior Member

What's Kristle's email? And is there any discount going on? I don't want to waste her time if there is no discount at all.

14. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Distinguished Member

everyone accesses the same email for that location I believe (as I've received responses from others to questions I've had)

[email protected]

15. shartmann

shartmann Senior Member

I could but then would likely get the business from my work colleagues. Maybe I should split the difference, although I would hate to miss out on Saturday delivery. Lately I've been answering "daddy, did you get another pair of shoes?" with "no, I think that's just a pair of shoe trees". Occasionally that has been the correct answer. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.