Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

I bought the burgundy patriots as well right after I got the brown ones in but I have not broken them in yet. I try to wear new shoes around the office for a week or so before I take them outside.

2. plaid tie

plaid tie New Member

Anyone have experience with exchanges? What's the turnaround time?

3. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

I didn't create the ad', so I can't definitively explain it, but this is a pretty common retail sales ad'. The part that they want you to see is in bold, and the details are vague. It says "Save on all seconds and closeouts." It doesn't say that there's a certain % off of everything. "Saving" could simply mean that the closeout price is lower than the original price. That's technically "saving" compared to the original price. It says 15-40 percent off. I'm sure that the closeouts are 15-40 percent lower than the original prices. It doesn't say "take an additional 15% off of everything." That's the way that people seem to be interpretting it.

AE does this EVERY time. I'm not sure why it's still confusing to people.

Last edited: May 10, 2013

4. itsmejson

itsmejson Senior member

I just ordered a pair of amoks 9.5D Since that was all that was left. I am a 9.5E in the strand, 9E mctavish. . My concern is it may be too small ? Anyone with input?

5. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

I wear the same sizes. The 9.5D Amoks are a little snug on me in the toe area, but loose in the heel. Maybe I just need to break them in more to eliminate the slight heel slip. I don't know if there is another size that would work better for me really. The leather is so soft though, that the snugness really doesn't bother me.

6. AdamAdam

AdamAdam Senior member

Is it possible to still buy this shoe? I don't see it on the AE website? I like the look of a casual Strand. The McTavish and Neumok seem like a nice casual McAllister (although I understand the differences).

7. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

It is not available from AE directly anymore, but AE still makes it for Brooks Brothers.

8. JermynStreet

JermynStreet Senior member

How choice that would look in a shell makeup!1

Is it possible to still buy this shoe? I don't see it on the AE website? I like the look of a casual Strand. The McTavish and Neumok seem like a nice casual McAllister (although I understand the differences).
    [/quo

9. Fabian43

Fabian43 Senior member

I ordered a tan Amok 10D from them yesterday. Lets keep in touch, maybe we can help each other out if the sizes don't fit us

10. njruss

njruss Senior member

Been looking for the BB walnut strand in 8 3E. Guess I am waitlisted. Hope some show up during the 159 sale!

11. njruss

njruss Senior member

Last big sale they were $129. I hesitated and they were gone. [​IMG]

12. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

This. Speaking of which....

I purchased the black calf PA for BB during the last sale. It has the Poron insole like it seems most of the AE for BB shoes do. It fits however due to the Poron insole my foot sits higher in the footbed and the gap at the laces is huge compared to my other shoes in the same size and last. Anyone else experience this and have you tried sizing up a half size in length and did it work? With my Bayfields I ended up going up a half size because of the Poron insole but not so sure that would work in the shoes?

13. njruss

njruss Senior member

(The BB Strand that is)

14. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

15. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

Was this close to buying them (puts thumb and index finger an inch apart), but I need to save up after buying 2 pair in the past 2 weeks. Plus I have this wedding thing that I am the groom in, that's kinda important to have money for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.