• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bucksfan

Reaction score

I was looking at the details of this sale (thank you bucksfan and kentyman) and boy, it's a killer..

AE is definitely trying to capitalize on current inventory for the approaching fiscal year end.

Do you guys think it actually means something (corporate) or is it standard practice at this time of the year?

If I remember correctly, they run sales at every holiday basically... But vary which models are on sale.

kentyman

Reaction score
Cindy told me this:

Quote:
So does this mean all Brooks Brother's and Ralph Lauren seconds are only $159? Might be a good way to pick up a staple like the McAllister for over half off the price of firsts.

kentyman

Reaction score
Lasalles are $129 for memorial pricing but they honored it today to ensure I get a pair. Amok selling for $99 but she is able to give me extra 15% off.

How did you get 15% off Amoks even though they're closeouts?

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So does this mean all Brooks Brother's and Ralph Lauren seconds are only $159? Might be a good way to pick up a staple like the McAllister for over half off the price of firsts.

Yes. Not as good as the last one ($130 for BB and RL shoes), but still pretty darn good.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I was able to get to a different AE store today and had a much more pleasant experience. I found my correct size and width in the Leeds and then tried on the Dalton. The D width fit perfectly on the Leeds; however, it was more snug in the Dalton. It was not uncomfortable but it was snug. I then tried the E width Dalton and it was of course roomier but not sloppy. I would say the D overall fit better but the touch of extra width was also nice. Has anyone else experienced this?

I am also thinking that due to the stiffer nature of cordovan as opposed to the calf I tried on that it may not be pulled quite as tight on the last and therefor be a bit roomer as well...

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I had a hard time with the Presidio also. I got a lot of heel slippage, yet it was too narrow in the forefoot. I generally have a tough time fitting the 2-last, but with loafers it is way worse if you don't get a perfect fit.

I happen to think that the Patriot and BB/Alden LHS are great looking shoes. If you want a sleek loafer, you are probably better off going with C&J or some other European maker.

The 2 last = very tricky. Some love it. Many hate it.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kristle from the Jeffersonville outlet asked that I post this, to clear up some of the questions and calls she was receiving: (I believe this is for 2nd quality shoes only unless otherwise noted)

May 13-27 – Memorial Day Event/Sale
o 15% off on non-featured shoes
o 15% off sundry and cedar
o No additional discount on 1st Q belts

Fifth Ave black, brown, walnut $199
MacNeil black, walnut $199
LaSalle black, chili $129
Patriot black, brown, merlot v-tread $179
Neumok brown $159
Tampa (1st and 2nd Q) black, brown $99
Norwich black, brown $179
Jefferson walnut $249
Park Avenues Black only $199
Golf 2nd Q only Cleated only $169
Nashua Tan Brown distressed only $119
Brooks Brothers 2nd Q only $159
Grand Cayman 2nd Q only $99
Ralph Lauren 2nd Q only $159

As was mentioned before, the outlets may be honoring this early... YMMV.

Very nice. Which email would I use to find out whether they have my size in one or two of these shoes?

david 112358

Reaction score
went to Nordstrom today to try on a pair of black Clifton's. they didn't have them in my 10-1/2eee, but I tried on a Strand in my size... I really need a black dress shoe to replace a too small pair that I've had forever, but the walnut strand fit perfectly and just looked awesome.

I made it out without buying anything, but now I'm thinking I can wear a painful pair of black dress shoes

charliebrown2

Reaction score
If you bought them from AE retail, AE outlet, or Nordstrom, you can return them to where you bought them for a better fitting size despite the scuffed soles. If you bought them from some other retailer, I would check with them.

Nordstrom replaced my Strands after seven months of wear so that I could get a better size (which I never would have attempted but for advice from this forum!)

Best of luck.

dude, are you serious? my kenilworth's are AE seconds...has anyone else had direct AE outlet experience with exchanging slightly worn shoes for a better size?

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could anyone provide me with the Jeffersonville outlet e-mail? I tried [email protected] but I'm not too sure if that's right.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
That would make more sense... Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads