Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itsmejson

itsmejson Senior member

How are you guys sizing on the Amoks?

2. Numbernine

Numbernine Senior member

TTS just a tad narrow for a D very soft upper almost glove like with a normal welted sole

3. DerangedGoose

DerangedGoose Senior member

4. Fabian43

Fabian43 Senior member

Lasalles are $129 for memorial pricing but they honored it today to ensure I get a pair. Amok selling for $99 but she is able to give me extra 15% off.

5. facet

facet Senior member

I didn't notice a difference in length with my Kenilworth's vs my other 5 last shoes, just volume. I put a tongue pad in and I've been fine with them since.

6. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

Hey guys,

I know that Paul has offered the Style Forum participants a great MTO deal. Looking at prior posts it seems like most have taken advantage by ordering unique shell shoes in various colors.

I was thinking about asking for AE to make a pair of Fifth Street boots in walnut calf. Any idea how much the cost would be? I assume at least the standard cost of the boot, but would there be any additional charge for the leather color change?

Also, what do you guys think; Would this be a good looking boot?

7. Fabian43

Fabian43 Senior member

Lasalles are $129 for memorial pricing but they honored it today to ensure I get a pair. Amok selling for $99 but she is able to give me extra 15% off.

8. jch1

jch1 Senior member

Just as I was thinking that someone my age (mid-late twenties) wouldn't be able to pull off a pair of spectators, here comes Derrick Rose... spectating... last night vs. the heat when things began to get out of hand http://www.canada.com/cms/binary/8357731.jpg
    Not sure what brand those are.

9. elbastardocalvo

elbastardocalvo Senior member

Walnut Player's Shoe today:

[​IMG]

10. Bzack

Bzack Active Member

I just received my BB Walnut Loafers (Presido's) and inspected them. They look fine, a few cosmetic issues which is why they are seconds but nothing really noticeable. What is noticeable is the heel slippage on both feet. I am normally a 10D in the 5 last so I tried the same with these but I'm reluctant to try and size down as I think that might be to small. I'm wondering if I need to try a loafer in a different last? Visually I like the BB loafer because it seemed sleeker than the Patriot. Plus I really liked the walnut.

Any feedback? I'm going to call the store and see what they say but I was wondering if this could also be a width issue. The ball of my foot feels snug so that is why I didn't think that was it but who knows.

11. guasc1

guasc1 Well-Known Member

Shell burgundy Leeds on their way.
    AE stores are honoring Memorial Sale discounts already.
    I HATE YOU GUYS!

12. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

Any word on the regular retail locations; What sales are happening there?

13. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

I had a hard time with the Presidio also. I got a lot of heel slippage, yet it was too narrow in the forefoot. I generally have a tough time fitting the 2-last, but with loafers it is way worse if you don't get a perfect fit.

I happen to think that the Patriot and BB/Alden LHS are great looking shoes. If you want a sleek loafer, you are probably better off going with C&J or some other European maker.

14. Bzack

Bzack Active Member

Well I talked to Jerry and he recommended a tongue pad which I should have thought of myself considering it's what I have in my Royal Imperial Florsheim's. I'll give that a shot and see if it works. Anyone think that will be odd if I wear no show socks with these? Skin rubbing on that tongue pad.

It's a mild let down when you get a new pair of AE's, rush to get them on and then realize you have to wait a little bit longer...Oh well, good practice in patience.

15. Bzack

Bzack Active Member

That's helpful. I'm going to try the tongue pad. If that doesn't work than I'm going to return and try the Patriot. I would be all over it but I really want walnut and that isn't offered (at least I don't see it on the site). Also, that combination tap sole looks pretty awesome.

*edit* I see the Westchester is offered in Walnut. Not sure on the 7 last but I could give that a shot as well.

Last edited: May 9, 2013

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.