• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zchen

Reaction score
I was asked for a Strand family picture. As you can tell, I love this model.

From L to R : Dark brown Shell Strand, Walnut Calf Strand, Walnut Shell Strand. (The shell models need some brushing. The Walnut Shell has some water marks from its last wearing)

These are all indoor shots. In natural light the difference between the two shell models is more noticeable.
The only improvement I could see making to this model would be adding a double leather sole, akin to the Cambridge model.

Do you wear the same size in shell and calf? It looks like the calf version is slightly slimmer than the shell version.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I ordered the walnut Dundee now trying to decide If I should add a espresso Leeds. Any one have a pair they can show me

Once again you and I have very similar tastes. I am trying to decide on a cappacino Leeds or Williams. I am probably in the minority here, but I prefer the Williams to the MacNeil

jrarnold

Reaction score

The Strand and the Dundee in this picture are the same color - brown. The Strand is olive-ish and the Dundee is a good solid brown. Also may depend on the finish. The MacNeil and the Leeds in this picture are the same color, but with a different finish and passage of time.
Is it a good idea to lace your shoes up tightly for storage with shoe trees? Or is this just done for appearance in the photo?

Michael Haines

Reaction score

Once again you and I have very similar tastes. I am trying to decide on a cappacino Leeds or Williams. I am probably in the minority here, but I prefer the Williams to the MacNeil

I like the williams allot and that would be great in shell. I thought about it myself but having three shell LWB I decided not. I think I am doing the Leeds

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like the williams allot and that would be great in shell. I thought about it myself but having three shell LWB I decided not. I think I am doing the Leeds
With a lighter edge trim to make it just a bit more casual?

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I finalized my order today for walnut shell Leeds in 10C. Dainite sole with midsole added; brown split reverse welt with light brown welt stitching. I will wear the shoe casually and wanted a rubber outsole for wear in inclement weather, as needed.

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm curious as to why AE seems to have so much shell available but Alden seems to have 0. Perhaps forward thinking by Mr.G and company to stock up?

PK35216

Reaction score
Most of the Lord and Taylor is sold out, but I found a 12D walnut kenilworth available as of a few minutes ago. With the discount code, it should rack up at $180ish.

I wear a 9D, so I'm just passing this along to the 12 D or 12.5D people out there. Remember the common wisdom is to size down 1/2 size for the kenilworth from your regular 5 last size. So these might work better for 12.5D people.

Regards!

http://www.lordandtaylor.com/webapp...r/shoes/mens-shoes/kenilworth-lace-up-oxfords

Sarpedon

Reaction score
First time, long time :)

It was an unseasonably dreary day today in San Francisco, so I wanted to brighten it up a bit with some walnut Flatirons.

JohnnyGalt

Reaction score
Most of the Lord and Taylor is sold out, but I found a 12D walnut kenilworth available as of a few minutes ago. With the discount code, it should rack up at $180ish.

I wear a 9D, so I'm just passing this along to the 12 D or 12.5D people out there. Remember the common wisdom is to size down 1/2 size for the kenilworth from your regular 5 last size. So these might work better for 12.5D people.

Regards!

http://www.lordandtaylor.com/webapp...r/shoes/mens-shoes/kenilworth-lace-up-oxfords
Lord and Taylor is actually a great place to snag AE firsts on sale since they're always running some sort of promotion. I also know if you can get to the NYC store they will order you any shoe AE makes at the sale price (not sure if other stores can do this).

dslonghorn4

Reaction score

I was asked for a Strand family picture. As you can tell, I love this model.

From L to R : Dark brown Shell Strand, Walnut Calf Strand, Walnut Shell Strand. (The shell models need some brushing. The Walnut Shell has some water marks from its last wearing)

These are all indoor shots. In natural light the difference between the two shell models is more noticeable.
The only improvement I could see making to this model would be adding a double leather sole, akin to the Cambridge model.

Nice Saz. Plans to purchase them in black?

Fabian43

Reaction score
Hey I'm thinking of picking up Long Branch in grey as seconds. Bought my first pair of AE's, chose bourbon Strands. Brannick sized me at 10D and Strands also came in at 10D. Any idea of how the Long Branch will fit? True to size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads