1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJTraveler

DJTraveler Senior member

Just received the FedEx shipping notification for my bourbon Daltons. Should have them at my doorstep tomorrow afternoon. Fingers crossed I get a good pair! :)

2. rpearlberg

rpearlberg Senior member

Ordered the LaSalle's in black. They were out of the Long Branch in Dark Brown, but put me on a wait list. Now I can go over the list again and see what else I need.

3. wurger

wurger Senior member

Any darker polish will darken your shoes slightly, just need to apply evenly.

4. frogwash

frogwash Well-Known Member

I have the RL Saunders and they have the leather insole, not the Poron. Also, the AE RL's are most often compared to AE's Independence line as far as the quality of the leather goes, though I don't have any of these to compare them too. My Saunders also have the 2-piece combination heel like the cordovan AE's. they fit a little bit more snug than than my 5-last shoes. I like them a lot.

5. rc121

rc121 Senior member

I think new shoes was only referring to the pricing of the RL shoes and not the insole/rubber sole part, as that is the difference between the BB branded shoes and regular AE branded

6. tietherope

tietherope Senior member

So for sizing do you stay with the same size as your 5 last shoes? As in it is not so snug that you need to make a change in size?

I'm looking to get a pair in tan and suede.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  7. mdavis534

mdavis534 Senior member

How to track MTO order? can it be done through the website, or does one have to call in to get a status update.

8. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

I had to call my sales person to get updates. I am waiting for my suede MacNeils and a dark brown Cordovan Leeds at this time. The suede has been @10 weeks and the Leeds where only placed 3 weeks ago.

9. Subutai

Subutai Senior member

Just have to email and ask for updates. And, be nice :)

10. mdavis534

mdavis534 Senior member

That's what I figured. Thanks.

11. tietherope

tietherope Senior member

The other week I ordered the Elgin and McTavish, both in a 9.5D as opposed to my regular 10D because everyone says they run large. The Elgin fits great like my regular 10D but the McTavish is tight and feels exactly like a 9.5D.

Has anyone experienced different sizing between rough collection shoes?

12. steve2318

steve2318 Senior member

Anybody purchase the Mora 2.0 yet??

Curious to get some feedback on them and would love to see some real life pictures.

Thanks for the help!

13. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

As far as I am concerned, McTavish is a bit narrower than Elgin, although they are built on the same last. I ended up getting McTavishes in 9E and Elgins in 9.5D.

14. tietherope

tietherope Senior member

Thank you. Wish I had known that going in. Everywhere said to size down a half size for each of them.

Do you know what size you are on other 5 last shoes such as the Strand or McAllister? If a 10 we'd be in the same scenario.

15. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

I don't have McAllisters, but if this helps, I am 9.5E in the Strand and Fifth Avenue, 9E in the Neumok and McTavishs and 9.5D in Elgin.

16. PlaceboFX

PlaceboFX Active Member

There's a thread on here from a guy who stripped the lacquer finish off his 'Polished Cobbler' Allen Edmonds (albeit a different model) with rubbing alcohol to find a wonderful full grain leather underneath, complete with pictures and his own re-finishing.

Based off that combined with the customer rep's words, that gives me hope (and ~75% confidence) that it really is full grain underneath the lacquer of this pair.

17. pudman43

pudman43 Senior member

From day one I polished with dark brown, they eventually turned a color similar to chili, but with nicer patina. I'm satisfied. Will post pics when I get a chance. J

18. pudman43

pudman43 Senior member

For my merlot McAllisters I found a Trafalgar belt at Nordstrom for $29 during their July sale. Reg $75 I think. I've been very happy so far. J

19. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

Just got the shipping confirmation for my MTO cronmoks! Gotta grab some mink oil and a new brush.

Stoked for tomorrow!

20. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

FYI the Morgan wingtip is now available in other colors than the blue.

Wine looks pretty good, so does the brown.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.