1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. horsey shoes

horsey shoes Senior member

Last MTO landed today... the infamous Mora in Walnut Shell.

On my wish list of discontinued models, the Mora was a tie for first with the Fairfax; i.e. what started this whole obsession.
    I was on the fence about the Ball and Buck special order and decided to keep trolling eBay and other places for the right look. When Paul made the MTO offer, the Mora was my first choice for MTO.

These were literally stunning right out of the box... I stared at them for about five mins straight before taking some pics.
    VERY impressed by the craftmanship of AE on these and can't say enough about how smooth and efficient the process was with Allison and the entire MTO "SWAT" team.

These were to be my last AE purchase for a while until I saw the Pine Rivers.. alas, PRs in distressed brown are on order and heaven forbid some of the special makeup boots posted recently on eBay are released this fall.
    But enough of my story, enjoy the pics wear your AEs in good health.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. green garden

green garden Senior member

Do you have access to a Brannock device? I have found that AE stores use the Brannock as a measurement device. So I think if you have your Brannock measurement, you can refer to this when you talk to the AE people. When you measure, don't forget to measure arch length as well, not just foot length.

http://brannock.com/

3. green garden

green garden Senior member

I've seen these and I remember thinking they were too light. If you are contemplating painting them anyway, would you consider polishing them with black cream first to see if a darker shade of grey suits you better. I think they just suffer the "look too new" syndrome. Similar to a new pair of white sneakers. I can imagine the look would become a bit more sophisticated if they have a darker tint. Food for thought...

4. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

Now this guy, Paul Lukas, who writes for ESPN and runs uni-watch.com loves the Brannock so much..he got this:

[​IMG]

5. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

Those look amazing, as good as my navy shell carminas.

6. David Copeland

David Copeland Senior member

Originally from Newport Beach - Now living in West
    (Not to mention his dentures too)

7. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

WOW! Beautiful

8. polojock615

polojock615 Senior member

[​IMG]
    The shell browns: Walnut, Cappuccino, Brown

[​IMG]

Black, new burgundy, old burgundy, brown, brown, cappuccino, walnut

1 person likes this.
  9. impendingdoo

impendingdoo Active Member

Anyone here own a pair of AEs eagle county boots? or any experience with them.

I'm wondering if theyd fit the bill for a F/W casual boot.

10. chinngiskhaan

chinngiskhaan Senior member

Am I the only allen edmonds fan who thinks the pictures on their websites should be changed to actual pictures of the shoes in real light with no photoshop involved??? It's hard to make a decision on what shoes I want, and what color I want them in when I know from experience that the colors and even the shape of the shoes look completely different in real life than on the website.

Allen Edmonds, I love your shoes, but please please PLEASE put real pictures of real shoes on your website! Maybe even pictures of real people wearing them instead of that lame pants simulator thing.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  11. wgiceman

wgiceman Senior member

+1000000000 !!!!!

12. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

These are absolutley amazing. Congrats!

I think it's common knowledge by now, but I was in contact with AE about a MTO and there is no lighter brown shell available.

13. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Are you saying they are out of cappuccino?? I have been meaning to order a pair of dundees do I really hope that isn't the case

14. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

I didn't ask for any specific color. I said I was interested in any lighter brown shell cordovan color. Their answer was "At this time we do not have any lighter brown color in the shell cordovan."

They said to call to see what shades they do have. I didn't bother. But if you do, let me know!

15. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

I'd like to hear about these as well.

16. Subutai

Subutai Senior member

WOW. There have been some amazing MTO's on this thread. What else is out there?

17. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Senior member

They still have cappuccino just order another pair

18. Michael Haines

Rydenfan it's the walnut there out of

19. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

From these pics it looks like cappuccino and brown are pretty similar. They look more similar in the sunlight pics. Anyone else have experience with both? I could go for some cappuccino shell.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  20. Michael Haines

I have both and the cappuccino " with the pairs I have" been slight lighter with what I would call nicer under tones

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.