1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Senior Member

Sevenfold, I have sided with you. I ordered the MacNeil in Walnut Cordovan with the Reverse Double Redenbach sole in brown. I already own one pair of Williams... Thank everyone for the input.

2. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Distinguished Member

I emailed Paul today about walnut cordovan, hope I get a call before it's gone. Crossing fingers.

3. bespoken pa

GOP, can inquire what the bill was on the walnut shell?

4. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Distinguished Member

Before I upgraded to AE Park Avenues, I owned a pair of LE 'Fulton Captoe Ofxfords' in black. I bought them around a year and a half ago when they were running a 40% off sale as they are now. For around 90 bucks, they were a pretty decent deal and the shoes served me well for several occasions. After acquiring my first two pairs of Allen Edmonds, however, the Lands' End shoes don't even compare. Don't buy the Fulton loafer expecting it to be on par with AE; they are absolutely NOT "made by AE under the private label." If you're okay with that, then $90 for the LE shoes isn't a bad deal. You'll probably be much happier in the long-run with Allen Edmonds, though. In hindsight, I wish I'd just passed on the Fulton Oxford and went straight for the Park Aves for my requisite pair of black captoes.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013

5. polojock615

polojock615 Senior Member

I saw pics of the walnut shell with sole in brown. Not quite my cup of tea. I'm just not feeling the brown sole.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013

6. GOP Shoe Guy

I stumbled across this pic of some custom Walnut Shell MacNeils. I am so happy I decided on these, and after seeing this pic, I can't wait for them to come. Special thanks to Mr. Paul Grangaard for offering a deal for us SF members.

7. Bzack

Bzack Active Member

Thanks for the input. I currently own 3 pair of AE dress shoes and 1 pair of AE boots. I think you both make valid points. You get what you pay for and it's hard to go backwards after purchasing quality shoes. I know that if I want a pair of loafers that will last longer there is more value in spending a few extra dollars for something that will last a possible 3-5 years longer and can be resoled/recrafted.

8. GOP Shoe Guy

$595, and they waived the $125 custom fee. So not a bad deal. Not a cheap shoe, but if it is one you want, it is worth it.

9. bespoken pa

I'm hoping to get either te Dalton or bayfield in the walnut shell so imagine is may be slightly more but I wouldn't mind the bill one bit.

10. bespoken pa

Is there much of a difference if at all between Alden s whiskey and AE walnut?

11. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Distinguished Member

Many whiskey models would be a bit lighter in color, with more of a butterscotch hue - but certainly the two colors have similarities.

12. AZsundevil

AZsundevil Well-Known Member

So if anybody was interested in this comment thread, I got a response back from AE customer service. The shoes are gone. Let this be a lesson: If you see a Webgem that you like, BUY IT, because AE can and will pull them at their discretion.

13. sevenfoldtieguy

Always a good decision. :fistbump: But in all seriousness, any of the models you mentioned would have looked nice.

I am considering a walnut shell Leeds. I have PM'd the CEO and await his reply
    . :D

14. bespoken pa

Thank You SFTG.

15. sevenfoldtieguy

This is good advice. And, beyond webgems, it ceratinly applies to hard-to-find shell models.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.