1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dancingbear

dancingbear Senior Member

Rare outing for the Cappuccino Shell McAllisters I picked up this past Christmas. (Thanks again Bucksfan!) Something about spring has me really digging these shoes!

[​IMG]

2. David Copeland

David Copeland Senior Member

Originally from Newport Beach - Now living in West

3. Pastor

Pastor Senior Member

I recently made a list of all my shoes and then I wrote down beside them the retail price of each pair. I added it up and it was scary.... Valid, I didn't pay retail for every pair but for 70% of them I did. I keep asking myself, do I really need that many shoes...and in the back of my mind I know there are others that I want to add. Also, in the back of my mind are the two pair that are in en route to me as I type.

My name is pastor and I have a problem...

4. SouthNarc

SouthNarc Senior Member

Thank you sir!

5. WiredandTired

WiredandTired Senior Member

It's doubly worse if you're hunting for shell. Of which I going beyond the realm of reason right now.

6. Pastor

Pastor Senior Member

Shell is a drug.

My name is Pastor and i'm a shell addict (especially rare colors)...

7. calidist

calidist Senior Member

[​IMG]

My burgundy shell Bradleys arrived. They're seconds but I cannot find any defects. I love it when a plan comes together! BTW - I ordered them through the Jeffersonville outlet so they were 20% off list. According to Monica there, who was extremely nice and helpful, 20% is as good as it is going to get for prospective AE sales on shell seconds. The upcoming sales (Memorial Day, Independence Sale, Labor Day etc.) will likely be a maximum of 10% off of shell (other than potential closeouts, but those are rare). Thomas from the Destin outlet repeated the same to me a couple weeks ago as well. I'd hop on the Jeffersonville 20% off promotion if it is still happening!

Also, I was very happy that the moc stitching was not as raised as AE's website shows. I like this flatter stitching much better.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013

8. rc121

rc121 Senior Member

I've followed this thread for quite sometime now without posting, but wanted to get some opinions on the next pair of AE's to add to my current rotation. For work, I currently rotate the mcclain in chili grain and strand in walnut. I'm interested in adding a third pair so I can change up alternating between the two and give me some more options for wardrobe choices.

I work in a fairly casual office environment where most of the men where khakis and more casual button downs. I usually wear a nice pair of slacks and dressier button down, but no tie and hardly ever a jacket or suit.

I'm really wanting to know what color shoes I should be looking for that will cover more wardrobe options, and then possibly a couple suggestions on styles in those colors that will complement my current shoe collection. I am not a huge fan of black shoes, nor the more formal styles like the park/fifth avenue.

any help is greatly appreciated.

9. calidist

calidist Senior Member

+1. Shell is a helluva drug.

10. calidist

calidist Senior Member

+1. The Fifth Street I received--which I ended up returning because the right shoe was at least a half size larger than the left show--did not have a polished toe like that. These look fantastic.

11. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Distinguished Member

Great shoes! You are right, they do look much better in real life.

12. calidist

calidist Senior Member

Thanks! These have a fantastic elongating silhouette--particularly considering I have somewhat short and wide feet (this pair is a size 8E).

13. random-adam

random-adam Distinguished Member

I'd give thought to either a pair of burgundy shell Leeds or the Kenilworth in bourbon calf (depending on which look you like better). The plain-toe blucher is a fantastically versatile shoe. Might be a good time to take advantage of the CEO's offer and try for either shoe customized; a lighter shell Kenilworth with natural sole would look amazing, I think.

14. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Distinguished Member

15. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Distinguished Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.