Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. calidist

calidist Senior member

Interesting texture on your pants. Are they linen?

2. frank212

frank212 Member

Umm... you do know that the person responding to your posts is a Wisconsin MBA extern at AE, right?

3. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

They are the RRL Selvedge Officer Chino.

4. AmericanGent

AmericanGent Senior member

5. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

I'm going to throw out another suggestion - The Regent Street in Chili. It on the AE site under the clearance section, so your size might not be available. But they have a pretty good selection - and at $167 (after extra 15% off through 4/29), not a bad price. http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF5154_1_40000000001_-1 Another suggestion - Walton in Chili. On sale for $229 right now http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF2143_1_40000000001_-1 Chris

Last edited: Apr 24, 2013

6. DJTraveler

DJTraveler Senior member

For all the cordovan fans out there, just noticed that J.Crew has quite a nice looking Alden boot in Horween shell burgundy. Thought I might as well share on this forum despite not being AE.

[​IMG]

7. alvin545

alvin545 Member

My wallet is not happy with you for posting those!
    These further convince me that I need a pair of Leeds in my life. It's a shame that shell is not in my budget.
    The MacNeils are also a good suggestion for a versatile shoe. The BB pebble grain MacNeils in chili was my first AE purchase! The chili and black factory second versions are still on sale last time I checked ($199 IIRC).

8. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

Got my Brown Shell Townleys in today. They are a 9.5D and the fit is right on but I think i'm going to return them because the stitching on the captoe is off. Here is a pic. I ended up paying $254 for these so maybe for the price I can live with aesthetic appearance. I'm trying hard to talk myself into keeping them. I also got the Brown Shell Patriots in and they absolutely rock.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'll decide in the morning if i'm going to keep them or not.

9. cbtaylor

cbtaylor Senior member

They look good to me

10. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

If I do return the Townleys i'm going to get the Randolph in Burg Shell. Does the 9-79 last fit like the patriots? Anybody have both? The patriots are sung but not tight. They will be perfect with thin or no socks.

11. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

It's hard to tell in the pic but there is something "off" about them in person. When I look down with them on my feet the lines do not match up.

12. SouthNarc

SouthNarc Senior member

Thanks Cold Iron that really helps. I'd love to see some current pics of your black polish/cordovan polish process if you have any that are handy.

13. N8ter

N8ter Well-Known Member

What wax do you gentlemen use to polish walnut calf (stands)? I know the hanger project AE says cognac or tobacco Saphir for the "Brown Walnut Finish", but I have read of people using light or dark brown as well. Would brown or tan be better in Kiwi? I have the AE walnut premium polish, but I need some wax as the shoes are 2nds and the right shoe fairly decent size scuff on the toe through the surface of the leather from the edge sander I am guessing. It had a good amount of dark brown polish on it when I got it to cover it up (which did a good job), but I took most of it off when cleaning/conditioning prior to the first wax as the dark brown didn't blend that well. Tried to fill back in with the premium walnut, but the scuff stands out as being lighter than the rest of the toe now. Thinking wax in the right color will do a better job of hiding the mark.

14. AllenEdmondsCEO

AllenEdmondsCEO Active Member

Not so. I write my own stuff in these fora. Maybe I need to work on my composition skills, though... (How depressing. I thought I had learned a few things about both business and writing, let alone something about shoes, since college in the late 1970s.) :embar:

15. SouthNarc

SouthNarc Senior member

I use Saphir Light Brown Creme and either Light Brown or Yellow wax to bull the toe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.