• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AldenLuver

Reaction score
Media Hound: - (Noun)
~ idiomatic. A person who actively seeks public attention by participating in stunts that generate (negative) publicity.

A definition to shed light on what MH's motives truly are.

Ask the Hound about his posted vids on our (Alden) thread showing a man masturbating while caressing his shell cordovan shoes. He doesn't garner a great deal of respect on our thread either. He does have a point though, about "made in the USA." Regardless, AE is a great American company for which I have a ton of respect.

calidist

Reaction score
Did anyone else get in on this deal? Looks like they still have them in most sizes for $188. I got the snuffs and am considering getting the tan now. No squeaking so far with mine (knock on wood).

The pics on Amazon do not do them justice, they look a lot better in person.

Amok seconds are $99 or less through the AE outlets.

elbastardocalvo

Reaction score

I've finally figured out why your feet are so small and the shoes barely discernible in all your pictures. You've been taking your shoe pictures with one of these: I've got an old Blackberry with a camera that I don't use. PM me and I'll mail it to you so you can take pictures of your shoes from less than 10 feet away. :D
If that is AE, that has to be a shoe that is either on the 0, 3, or 8 last by looking at that toebox.... I don't know the model name, however it can very well be an older shoe that is discontinued. Regardless, if you want this shoe, your best bet is getting the Strand in bourbon color. They have brown as well, but the bourbon is really nice and have a very warm tone to it compared to the brown. http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF6105_1_40000000001_-1 Weren't the old Clifton's a 6 eyelit full brogued captoe? Edit, the origina Cliftons did not have a toe medallion The only differences between these and the Strand is the "serrated" brogueing along the cap, foxing, quarters, foxing... the toe medallion is smaller as well, and they are on a different last.
They look like the Loake Strand (a great shoe, BTW, And my first foray into English shoes) but the broguing is different.

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amok seconds are $99 or less through the AE outlets.
the current list from shoebank lists some at $99 and some at $134., none lower than $99. but i'm very leary of AE seconds, esp. since it seems they can have some pretty noticeable damage to them, as we have seen above.

jch1

Reaction score
My pair of burgundy clifton "seconds" arrived today. The "flaw" is simply a crease at the heel of the shoe where the sides are stitched together. Considering that I paid $160 (with the 20% off), I'm more than happy with my purchase, and don't feel as bad that I missed out on the Townleys.

Septimus

Reaction score
the current list from shoebank lists some at $99 and some at $134., none lower than $99. but i'm very leary of AE seconds, esp. since it seems they can have some pretty noticeable damage to them, as we have seen above.
MH, I actually thought you made some good points before. Now, you're just trolling. Give it a rest.

Al in Philly

Reaction score
What last is the Amok on? Sorry if this was covered. Is it the 1 last?

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MH, I actually thought you made some good points before. Now, you're just trolling. Give it a rest.
don't be such a jerk.

someone posted a picture of their seconds which arrived damaged, someone else also just posted that theirs had damage as well just a couple posts above this one.

I said i'm leary of the seconds and i'm 'trolling'? you need help man, big time.

Last edited:

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i guess i can't do anything right.

someone posted a picture of their seconds which arrived damaged, someone else also just posted that theirs had damage as well. I said i'm leary of the seconds and i'm trolling? you need help.  

Always ask the SA to give the seconds a good look-over before shipping them. And make it clear you do not want them if they have noticeable defects. This procedure has served me well for the few times I have ordered seconds.

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Always ask the SA to give the seconds a good look-over before shipping them. And make it clear you do not want them if they have noticeable defects. This procedure has served me well for the few times I have ordered seconds.
will Shoebank do this? i was under the impression that you take what you get with them, or you can pay to ship them back to make a return.

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

don't be such a jerk.

someone posted a picture of their seconds which arrived damaged, someone else also just posted that theirs had damage as well just a couple posts above this one.

I said i'm leary of the seconds and i'm 'trolling'? you need help, big time.

my thoughts exactly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads