Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

I just took some time this morning in my hotel to read through the last few days' worth of posts. I am exceedingly impressed with the fact that we have Paul posting here and in the content of his posts. I suppose I should expect nothing less. Thank you for your time, participation and candor on this public forum, Paul. (Sizing advice from the CEO - how cool is that?)

As a side note, I am disappointed to hear that the shell cordovan "shortage" is real... as I must now change the expected timing of some upcoming purchases.

Now, off to my meetings while ruminating on which shell shoes to hurry up and order. I wish everyone a productive day.

2. itsmejson

itsmejson Senior member

Maiden voyage - walnut strands
    [​IMG]

3. David Copeland

David Copeland Senior member

Originally from Newport Beach - Now living in West
    Tristan,

I guess the same could be said of a company's website where the overall advertising is to sell photography gigs, citing personal credentials of duel major degrees in film-making. But what is not listed at the web site are the other advertisements using the same phone number in promoting a mobile car detailing service using shoe polish materials on bumpers and trim for $29. Why should not this other valuable "division" be included on the web site to further inform potential clients and customers?

I realized that a starving college graduate has to eat, but if a customer were to ask if American Made products were being used to polish the car bumpers, how can the truth be explained away?

Perhaps the phrase "Great American Company" (or factory or mobile car wash) should be characterized as being managed by great Americans who employ both domestic workers as well as foreign nationals who come to this great country to experience democracy and capitalism.

I also know of another video promotion made regarding the Great American Actor, James Dean. Perhaps if he were alive today - he would be some issues with your video using his name in connection with hawking foreign made t-shirts.

Quote: "Let not one appetite accuse another"

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  4. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

^^^^^

although everything you posted is public (it appears), it's a little excessive posting photos and someones full name.

5. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

I just ordered a pair of brown shell Townleys sat from the Jefferson Store in Ohio. They are having a 20% off sale right now so the price was around $250.00

6. David Copeland

7. AmericanGent

AmericanGent Senior member

Allen Edmonds.... Remember? Let's appreciate some shoes and the Great American company that makes them. I'm sick of wasting my time scrolling through all of this rubbish.

8. AmericanGent

AmericanGent Senior member

David, don't get yourself banned over this dude... just let it go. You're sinking to an unnecessary level. Funny, but best not posted on a public forum.

9. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

Nothing can be done to stop shell from creasing. This is one of the desirable attributes of shell is that the creases are "wavy".

10. David Copeland

Since Paul Grangaard's reputation is being assassinated here, perhaps if we more of us posted under a name instead of handles - the respect and civility may return. (Besides, Tristan makes no issue about his name being all over the internet)

David Copeland.

PS: Hey Grandmother Lillian, if you are reading what I am writing here - I hope you can deem it as the manner in which you taught me in those early years.

11. David Copeland

I did not know that.

I am still with calfskin shoes, and perhaps what I heard about eliminating creases through the Saphire products had more to do with the calfskin leather.

12. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

Pretty funny given that that's not even my apartment and I don't live in an apartment.

13. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

There is also no way to "eliminate" creases through any product. They can be minimized through proper sizing and shoe care (i.e. shoe trees, brushing, ect...) but once you bend your toe in a pair of shoes there is no going back. The one exception that i've found to this is with suede shoes.

These are Carmina suede austerity brogues that i've had for over a year and they show little to no creasing.
    [​IMG]

14. David Copeland

Sorry to hear the bad news, Tristan. But cheer up. You're in a great American city where the homeless are well taken care of . . . especially when they wear nice shoes. ;)

15. WiredandTired

WiredandTired Senior member

Is this due to the suede material, the stress points can be brushed back into place to minimize creasing?

May need to work suede into shoe rotation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.